Remove the Clan Member Limiting

Zeror

When playing with friends, buddies and other cool folks you find in the game and want to play together in one big clan it's kinda stupid that the game limits the amount of clan members. So the system of clan ranks to raise the member limit is kinda stupid. If wanna play with a lot of friends and buddies in a clan you should be able to. No more raising clan ranks to be able to invite more people. It's a totally unnessecary system.

Do this instead:

• Set a fixed maximum limit of at least 256 clan members. More is better.
  • Use Clan Ranks for something different. Maybe some Clan Perks, Clan Items can be unlocked by leveling up the Clan Rank.
  • Clan Roles should not be limited as well. If you want everybody have a Clan Leader/Master role you should be able to. As long there is at least 1 Clan leader/master (no matter who) then it's fine.

Encourage people to play together with removing ridiculous limitations.

What? 

Umm, this idea is awfully extravagant. 

The system as it is now (in terms of ranking up the clan) is perfectly fine where it’s at. Having a limitation on members is a good thing to either a) encourage clan members to use the clan fields to level up/rank up the clan and b) promoting others to set up their own clan. 

Clans are not a requirement for the game. It is, however, a sense of camaraderie. You have to put in time and effort to evolve it. Ranking it up to add additional players is part of that experience. 

The “RPG” in MMORPG stands for role playing game. This is supposed to represent (kinda) what happens on the outside to sort of grant you some reality or immersion into the game. Think of a clan as a tribe, company, gym, store, whatever you want. Do any of these (regardless of where you live in the world) have 20 leaders (CEOs, Presidents, village elder, etc)? 15 leaders, 10? No. There is only 1 such position (Clan Master/Leader). Same concept applies to the Clan Deputy. Only 1 person (or even 3) can be selected to take charge if the leader is out (similar to the Presidential line of succession or the Monarchy succession). 

These limitations also encourage people to play together as they’re all seeking the same goal.. and that is to give their clan the ability to recruit more members. 

Sorry, I don’t support this idea. 

I don't think any firm decision has been made regarding the clan system yet but for the record, the system at NA was changed in 2015 when the server merge happened. and that's the system currently in the game.  It's very different from the clan system in iROSE.     Here is a guide I made back then to help new players get some understanding of how clans work.

I am sure the p2w aspects of the system like buying clan points from the Item Mall will be removed but other than that, the system itself was pretty nice.  The cost of the clan skills will have to be reviewed since those were again, p2w, but making them more realistic would fix it.

Anyway I just thought I would share this so suggestions can be made based on the  clan system that is actually in the game right now.

3 hours ago, HoneyBuns said:

I don't think any firm decision has been made regarding the clan system yet but for the record, the system at NA was changed in 2015 when the server merge happened. and that's the system currently in the game.  It's very different from the clan system in iROSE.     Here is a guide I made back then to help new players get some understanding of how clans work.

I am sure the p2w aspects of the system like buying clan points from the Item Mall will be removed but other than that, the system itself was pretty nice.  The cost of the clan skills will have to be reviewed since those were again, p2w, but making them more realistic would fix it.

Anyway I just thought I would share this so suggestions can be made based on the  clan system that is actually in the game right now.

This newer clan system is already way better for clans, but still the memberlimit is way too low in my opinion. As far as i can understand from your guide you need to level up a specific skill to increase the memberlimit? Dunno what the memberlimits were in this newer system btw.

What if those limits raise a bit more quickly to higher numbers? Like this:
Clan Level [lvl]:

1. 15 members (default)
  2. 30 members
  3. 50 members
  4. 75 members
  5. 100 members
  6. 150 members
  7. 200 members
  8. 250 members
  9. 300 members
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Zeror said:

This newer clan system is already way better for clans, but still the memberlimit is way too low in my opinion. As far as i can understand from your guide you need to level up a specific skill to increase the memberlimit? Dunno what the memberlimits were in this newer system btw.

Clan Level [lvl]:

1. 15 members (default)
  2. 30 members
  3. 50 members
  4. 75 members
  5. 100 members
  6. 150 members
  7. 200 members
  8. 250 members
  9. 300 members

I found the Patch Notes where we got the first information on the new system.  Initially the max was 100 but I believe it was raised at some point.  It's been a minute and I'm not as young as I used to be so I don't remember what it was raised to, sorry .  Something in my brain says 300 but that could be totally wrong. 

It was up to each clan how they spent their clan points.  The skill to expand was a permanent one.  Same thing with the stat boost skills.  That patch note link gives a brief explanation of which skills were permanent and which were temporary.  The temp skills had to be renewed every month and they were quite expensive.  Big pvp clans kept those skills active all of the time by purchasing the clan point boosters from the item mall.  Much of that has to be changed to keep with the philosophy of the Rednim team of nothing p2w.   But I do think the overall system itself was good and I hope we keep it with whatever modifications they feel are necessary.

7 hours ago, Zeror said:

Clan Level [lvl]:

1. 15 members (default)
  2. 30 members
  3. 50 members
  4. 75 members
  5. 100 members
  6. 150 members
  7. 200 members
  8. 250 members
  9. 300 members

i personally dont agree with this, there should be a limit or else all server will join one clan that will make it strong and all other clans will be mostly empty, it all depends on the population of the server.

• 1 month later...

Making the clan member limit increase in the first few levels so that on server start more then 15 people can join a clan would be a good thing. Clans and communities make people stick to a game next to content.

I would seriously suggest to increase the numbers with like starting from at least 32 or something on grade 1 and a max about 300 i think! (maybe even more) You have to take into consideration people want to join the clan with all their chars.

If the game succeeds there will still be enough different clans!

Edited by TheShredr

I like the idea of having member limit increase by clan rank as usual, it gives clans something to work towards and it limits clans just accepting anyone like a bot, but perhaps it's time to just boost those numbers up a bit. I don't know the current rank limitations, but similarly to how they are planning on increasing party size, maybe they can just go ahead and double or triple the amount of allowed members for each clan rank? Rednim is all about encouraging community play over solo play, so this sounds like it fits in their vision.