Increase the Clan Member Limit

Zeror

Someone said (but I won't quote because it was so long ago): "there should be a limit or else all server will join one clan that will make it strong and all other clans will be mostly empty" - this is already the case. Except big clans and groups have multitude alt clans. Same effect as having all members in one clan. I don't really have an opinion on the matter, I just wanted to point that out.

Edited by Wondertje
  • Like 2

• Zeror changed the title to Increase the Clan Member Limit
On 9/8/2022 at 3:31 PM, Wondertje said:

Someone said (but I won't quote because it was so long ago): "there should be a limit or else all server will join one clan that will make it strong and all other clans will be mostly empty" - this is already the case. Except big clans and groups have multitude alt clans. Same effect as having all members in one clan. I don't really have an opinion on the matter, I just wanted to point that out.

I have been thinking about this and i think there is a solution to this. I think there will be a lot more clans if Clan creation will be a lot cheaper. From 1mil zulie down to 50k zulie or something.

By the way; Creating a clan on the WoW-way would nice too. How this works is you buy a Clan Charter at the Clan Master in Junon Polis. Then you need to 5 other players to sign it. Then you can turn the Clan Charter in in at the Clan Master to form your clan.

The clan member limit makes sense with how clans are designed.

If for the sake of having a larger clan community, there could be a way to buy member slots with clan points but those extra slots would only allow for those members to wear the clan name and title and participate in clan chat but not the clan fields, wars and other activities that reward points, items, etc. 

The leader could move an “active clan member” with an “inactive clan member” and vice versa at anytime, but the main active member limit would remain. (Active clan members being the ones capable of clan field farms, wars, etc. inactive clan members being the ones there for only social aspect and being clan banner bearers. Basically having benched members like in sports.

My personal preference would be to remove the advantages that a big clan would have:

• Remove clan passives that increase player stats or advantages (I think this should be done anyways for any stat enhancer apart from gear/gems and weapons)
  • Limit amount of people from same clan that can enter PvP zones.

The social aspect of having a group of people is for me such a great pro, and the current limits can be worked around by having a clan discord and do the communication through that and by creating ALT clans of course. The cons for this is that you have to come up with all kinds of alt clan names and the communication can't be done in game mostly.

I understand 100 is already a quite big number to fill, but I think it's nice to have no limit. Of course the advantages should be removed for me to make this possible.

29 minutes ago, TheShredr said:

My personal preference would be to remove the advantages that a big clan would have:

• Remove clan passives that increase player stats or advantages (I think this should be done anyways for any stat enhancer apart from gear/gems and weapons)
  • Limit amount of people from same clan that can enter PvP zones.

The social aspect of having a group of people is for me such a great pro, and the current limits can be worked around by having a clan discord and do the communication through that and by creating ALT clans of course. The cons for this is that you have to come up with all kinds of alt clan names and the communication can't be done in game mostly.

I understand 100 is already a quite big number to fill, but I think it's nice to have no limit. Of course the advantages should be removed for me to make this possible.

You just trying to create a dutch powerhouse 🙊 /s

Edited by Whoop
  • Haha 1