ingame trade restrictions poll

In-game trade restrictions poll  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is healthy for the game and the market to have all of these player earned items trade restricted, or just simply eliminating players choice?

• I dislike ingame earned items being trade restricted and vote they are removed
    • I like that items earned ingame are account bound/ character bound and vote restrictions stay.

having all the gear locked is ONLY limiting players choices and forcing them to play the game a certain way. Players who want to earn gold as their preferred playstyle and buy BIS gear should be able to, it also makes zulie much more valueble, and would be extremely healthy for the market. Also it is actually discouraging players from making new characters I believe as they are forced to buy all new equipment, where as if they had it on another character of the same class, they'd be encouraged more because they don't have to start buying their gear from scratch. I think all this character locked gear is a horrible idea. And before you say, No i am not saying IM items should become tradeable aswell. Just equipment earned in-game.  

Edited by prettywomanlover

We actually removed a TON of trade restrictions before starting early access. Most blue items were actually trade restricted back in NA but we removed those restrictions. We decided to leave honor/valor gear as they were since we wanted to see how things would play out once the game was live and people were playing that content.

If you have an opinion on this please share it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lazypenguin said:

We actually removed a TON of trade restrictions before starting early access. Most blue items were actually trade restricted back in NA but we removed those restrictions. We decided to leave honor/valor gear as they were since we wanted to see how things would play out once the game was live and people were playing that content.

If you have an opinion on this please share it!

I appreciate the comment. I am happy you guys removed restrictions from some items such as blues, I was unaware gravity did that at the end of NA rose, that is absolutely terrible and so discouraging. Trade restrictions in general for anything earned ingame in my opinion should not be a thing, and is discouraging lots of different, diverse playstyles, such as farming and earning zulie. Instead of being able to purchase pretty much the only relevant gear for endgame, you have to farm it yourself, and are forced into PVP or PVM instances to obtain this gear, this discourages part the whole philosophy i thought Red nim was trying to achieve, encouraging active /open world play, and diverse playstyles. This is only discouraging that IMO and pushing the focus of the game into 1 click instances, like every other mmorpg rather than encouraging players to play in the beautiful, alive open world. The instances are fine, I'm not saying remove them, but ONLY being able to obtain this gear only through such activities, and not allowing players who want to farm /explore the much more immersive open world to get this gear, who desire to get that gear, this is sadly not an option for them, and makes those players more likely to resent that fact and quit do yo feeling obligated to play a certain way. It is just in my opinion limiting so much of the game in my opinion. Sure it is encouraging to players who only like PVP as other players cannot get it with other methods, but it discouraging to everyone else. I think everybody would be encouraged if gear was tradeble. 

Thank you for reading my response, I look forward to hearing your opinion regarding this matter if you have further thoughts. Thank you.

Would be nice to have items account bound rather than character locked. As in Valor/Honor, Exalted, Cosmetics from the Medals, etc. Would it really cause harm to be able to share gear amongst other characters on the same account? For example if I have nice Sopdu shield (which is character locked on use) on my Knight and I want my X-bow Scout to use it at some point in the future I should be able to put it in storage to transfer to that character too. Another example is the Unique 10 Sen Accessory set earned from the Episode Quest, it is tradeable but becomes account locked once used. Meanwhile the other quest items are stricly character locked (which does make sense, and makes the accessory set an inconsistancy in this case). 

So quest items should lock to character that makes sense.

As for the other stuff account bound would be a fair way to help share items amongst alts on the same account. 

Allowing the sets from the medals to be tradeble would be fine too since they can be already accuired through medal trading/purchasing already. 

If everything were to be tradeable the uniqueness of certain items would lose their charm! 

Edited by Heatfist
  • Like 2

I would love if all but Item mall and quest item restrictions where lifted.

I left Na Rose originally when they implemented this, as I had 'ancient' armors (like dealer armor that a muse can wear or vice verser.) That I didn't want to bind to myself.

Also hate the thought of spending all the time and zulie making something that will end up being in storage forever more or sold to a NPC.

As of right now I use no bound items accept for quest items, its very limiting at the higher end of the game, but just can't stand having assets bound to me.

Other benifit to this it would make the level 210 exalted experience increasing gear worth having if you could reuse or resell it after. 

3 hours ago, Jamie said:

I would love if all but Item mall and quest item restrictions where lifted.

I left Na Rose originally when they implemented this, as I had 'ancient' armors (like dealer armor that a muse can wear or vice verser.) That I didn't want to bind to myself.

Also hate the thought of spending all the time and zulie making something that will end up being in storage forever more or sold to a NPC.

As of right now I use no bound items accept for quest items, its very limiting at the higher end of the game, but just can't stand having assets bound to me.

Other benifit to this it would make the level 210 exalted experience increasing gear worth having if you could reuse or resell it after. 

But then no one would bother doing the dungeons to get that gear on any other character.

i agree that Gravity went too far with the trade restrictions but the reason they were implemented is still a valid reason today.  The purpose is for players to use the game content- not just once on their first character but on every character.  

Adding new game content is a process that takes a long time, even with a huge team of devs.  Character locking items keeps those items out of circulation and forces players to continue to use the existing content on other characters. 

Rednim changed and removed a ton of restrictions but the restrictions that remain make sense imo. Crafted, reinforced and dropped items are freely tradable and reusable.  For the rest, we need to earn them on each character that we want them on. In other words, we need to play the game and continue playing the game.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

I strongly dislike that so many items earned in-game are account bound /character bound after equip, acquire and in general, I do not think that items you earned through playing the game should be trade restricted in any game. All this does is eliminates players choices and forces them to play a certain way, to earn that desired item. For example, say you want to get an honor set, but do not like endlessly spamming AA and would rather spend your time other ways, like farming open world, doing dungeons, or whatever and would rather farm zulie and buy that honor set. You cannot do that, you are forced to play AA, and you are only able to do so many things with that zulie you earned. For endgame players, who are already geared mostly, all there is to spend zulie on is refining and gems, making zulie a lot less useful, than if you were given the choice of purchasing honor gear, or items that would normally be account / char bound. It also discourages farming, and i've noticed there really are not nearly as many farmers as there were in NA rose, and i  believe trade restricted items plays a big toll in this as most of the items you are going to want, are trade restricted, and you can only obtain them a certain way.

another example / items i think that is extremely ridiculous that is account bound, is costumes you earned through an event, such as my happy holiday set, as soon as i equip it, i can no longer sell it or do anything with it, if i decide i don't like it anymore i just have to disassemble it or keep it in my storage. Also, pig cart even, as soon as you equip it it is account bound.. It's absolutely ridiculous in my opinion how many items are trade restricted. I strongly believe that all it is doing is eliminating players choice, and forcing them to play the game a certain way. but i believe player should be able to farm zulie, or play however they prefer, and spend that hard earned zulie on whatever item they want, weather it be honor gear, a pig cart, an exalted set whatever they are playing the game, they should be able to decide what they want to do with the zulie they obtained and not be forced to play the game a certain way.  I all these ingame trade restrictions are extremely harmful to the game. Let me know what you think!

Before you say, No i am NOT saying item mall items should be tradeble!

2 hours ago, GodOfEntity said:

The reason for it being this way is so that the lisent market doesn't crash. So that new players have to refine for themselves rather than buying pre-refined gear. 

But why shouldn't they be able to bypass refining if they have the zulie to purchase the gear pre refined? If they earned the zulie themselves, they should be able to do what they wish with it, including bypassing refine system. This is a very bad reason, and is only proving my point that all its doing is forcing you to play a certain way. If a player has the full amount of zulie to purchase (20) that is great and is a big achievement of itself, and they are playing the game the way they prefer. 

Honestly, i think this would also solve a lot of issues regarding RMT, as Listents are currently the biggest source of RMT

On 4/1/2023 at 6:05 PM, prettywomanlover said:

But why shouldn't they be able to bypass refining if they have the zulie to purchase the gear pre refined? If they earned the zulie themselves, they should be able to do what they wish with it, including bypassing refine system. This is a very bad reason, and is only proving my point that all its doing is forcing you to play a certain way. If a player has the full amount of zulie to purchase (20) that is great and is a big achievement of itself, and they are playing the game the way they prefer. 

Honestly, i think this would also solve a lot of issues regarding RMT, as Listents are currently the biggest source of RMT

I'm not sure how you believe this will solve or help RMT at all. I'm really not sure how you don't see how that will encourage RMT even more. But lets set aside that being a big issue. Let's just refocus the point I tried to make that you completely ignored. 

Lisent U is SUPPOSED to be valuable. Hitting (20) Refine, is supposed to be a PERSONAL achievement. Just, buying outright end game gear is going to be a reason why people will just be like, ok, well I am end game now, and now I'm bored.

On 4/1/2023 at 6:05 PM, prettywomanlover said:

If a player has the full amount of zulie to purchase (20) that is great and is a big achievement of itself.

How do you propose that player farmed that full amount of zullies? To me it sounds like you want RMT buyers to just be able to buy their way to end game lol. 

I don't understand how what you suggest helps negate RMT in any way, shape or form. Other than would kill the prices of lisents. 

Edited by GodOfEntity

Honor Gear and Items: Should all be character locked on accuire if you wish to have these items then go pvp and earn them they should never be allowed to be resold
It also adds a nice zuly sink that can not be recovered via refine.

Item Mall: All Item Mall item's Should be Account Locked if you wish to have the item then i enourage you to support the game and spend a few buck's

Valor Point Item's: Should all be account locked with the exception of crafting matriels this allows for players to make a bit of zuly.

All Character Gear: Should be character Bound on Equip Once your done with it store it, Disassemble it and sell the mats or npc it.
Character storage should be expanded to 4 pages like main storage to account for this.

This forces players to farm there gear and put good use to the new clan point system and drop gems aswell as makes the artisan a bit more usefull.

also the drop table would need a complete rework all drops should be put into there level apporiate mob and in return make those area's more viable.

ok ill see myself out.

Edited by OldSchool
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2023 at 8:57 AM, OldSchool said:

Honor Gear and Items: Should all be character locked on accuire if you wish to have these items then go pvp and earn them they should never be allowed to be resold
It also adds a nice zuly sink that can not be recovered via refine.

Item Mall: All Item Mall item's Should be Account Locked if you wish to have the item then i enourage you to support the game and spend a few buck's

Valor Point Item's: Should all be account locked with the exception of crafting matriels this allows for players to make a bit of zuly.

All Character Gear: Should be character Bound on Equip Once your done with it store it, Disassemble it and sell the mats or npc it.
Character storage should be expanded to 4 pages like main storage to account for this.

This forces players to farm there gear and put good use to the new clan point system and drop gems aswell as makes the artisan a bit more usefull.

also the drop table would need a complete rework all drops should be put into there level apporiate mob and in return make those area's more viable.

ok ill see myself out.

I completely agree with all of this!!! I've just hit Lvl 249 with  my bourg (first ever end game char) and now the fun of learning the art of buying/selling and how to best make my char's the best they can be even though I played long ago, I didn't learn any of it....

In many points making more gears tradeable is P2W, as anyone who comes and can hoard up zulies can just buy top best gear in no time, instead of working on it.

For example i dont personally like that Valor gear is character locked, i think it should be account locked. Honor gear can be character locked as now.

Same time making everything tradeable will mainly benefit players with lots of zulies only (hence, in this point it is as P2W as it can be), gives much less advantage to normal/new players

Edited by rayun
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 1:58 AM, Heatfist said:

Would be nice to have items account bound rather than character locked. As in Valor/Honor, Exalted, Cosmetics from the Medals, etc. Would it really cause harm to be able to share gear amongst other characters on the same account? For example if I have nice Sopdu shield (which is character locked on use) on my Knight and I want my X-bow Scout to use it at some point in the future I should be able to put it in storage to transfer to that character too. Another example is the Unique 10 Sen Accessory set earned from the Episode Quest, it is tradeable but becomes account locked once used. Meanwhile the other quest items are stricly character locked (which does make sense, and makes the accessory set an inconsistancy in this case). 

So quest items should lock to character that makes sense.

As for the other stuff account bound would be a fair way to help share items amongst alts on the same account. 

Allowing the sets from the medals to be tradeble would be fine too since they can be already accuired through medal trading/purchasing already. 

If everything were to be tradeable the uniqueness of certain items would lose their charm! 

Yes to Account Bound. It's restricted but at least you can share it within the account