Buff Cart Defense Stats

Heatfist

Cart Defense could use some love. Players are extra squishy while riding Carts since their stats are returned to default and then gain the very small amount of Cart defense stat while riding.

Increase The defense on frames to match their quality. For example, the Cart frames could increase the defense they give by +1000 for Basic, +2000 for Sporty, +3000 for Racing, +5000 for Meister. They are made of hard materials after all and shouldn’t make the player squishier than their gear. 

Meanwhile Mounts let you keep your own stats while riding. (Yes they run away when hit but still you’re not as vulnerable as when in a Cart).

Carts require fuel for upkeep, a lot of materials to be crafted, and then they’re basically a movement speed increase cosmetic that reduces the players stats. 
(While mounts are rare drops or quest rewards with a higher level requirement)

The extra defense on Carts would be a fantastic start to make Carts great again!

A stat boost on all PAT vehicles would be great! 

• Like 3

I think this idea would kill the mounts. I think the current system is best as there are trade offs for both types that balance each other out.

While you are attacked on a cart, you are normally gone before the same monster gets a 2nd hit on you. Whereas with a mount, you immediately come off and can’t get back on until you aren’t hit again for like 10 seconds - which is a really long time and have the chance to have even more monsters attack you.

Increasing the defense would have everyone flock to carts and would have no need for mounts. Carts are obtained at level 50, which the mounts in game have level requirements and are difficult to get. 

31 minutes ago, Avatar said:

I think this idea would kill the mounts. I think the current system is best as there are trade offs for both types that balance each other out.

While you are attacked on a cart, you are normally gone before the same monster gets a 2nd hit on you. Whereas with a mount, you immediately come off and can’t get back on until you aren’t hit again for like 10 seconds - which is a really long time and have the chance to have even more monsters attack you.

Increasing the defense would have everyone flock to carts and would have no need for mounts. Carts are obtained at level 50, which the mounts in game have level requirements and are difficult to get. 

It wouldn’t kill mounts.

Hawkers with high dodge and Muses with Mana Shield already resist dismounting on hit. Meanwhile Soldiers and Dealers are constantly walking.

Soldiers and Dealers in Cart actually die from mobs in certain areas due to how low the stats drop. Same with the other two classes.

Only asking for enough Physical Defense to compensate for the stat losses. If they get hit by magic attacks then RIP but classes shouldn’t be getting 1-3 shotted by physical hits in a cart. Makes no sense. Carts also cost more, are harder to farm for and require fuel for upkeep.

Mounts are a plenty now due to dungeon drops. They also gain extra speed from Clan skills where Carts do not.

Mounts are also higher elevated than Carts as well allowing them to hop over small walls.

Mounts were introduced much earlier before with the Choropy Mount. That can be added back in the future. 

Edited by Heatfist

4 hours ago, Avatar said:

I agree that the goal is to have the two be equally strong (in different ways), but carts are the weaker of the two right now. If you are hit on a cart, you are straight up dead. If you are knocked off a mount, you still have all your defenses and your buffs, unlike how a cart takes them away. Carts are so bad that even with an optimal cart I have found it easier to do ruins deliveries, while dual clienting, via mount instead of cart. That cart was more expensive and difficult to get than my mount or even two of them for that matter.

We would of course need to try out Heatfist's suggested numbers in case they make carts too tanky, but carts are too squishy currently.

4 hours ago, Heatfist said:

It wouldn’t kill mounts.

Hawkers with high dodge and Muses with Mana Shield already resist dismounting on hit. Meanwhile Soldiers and Dealers are constantly walking.

Soldiers and Dealers in Cart actually die from mobs in certain areas due to how low the stats drop. Same with the other two classes.

Only asking for enough Physical Defense to compensate for the stat losses. If they get hit by magic attacks then RIP but classes shouldn’t be getting 1-3 shotted by physical hits in a cart. Makes no sense. Carts also cost more, are harder to farm for and require fuel for upkeep.

Mounts are a plenty now due to dungeon drops. They also gain extra speed from Clan skills where Carts do not.

Mounts are also higher elevated than Carts as well allowing them to hop over small walls.

Mounts were introduced much earlier before with the Choropy Mount. That can be added back in the future. 

11 minutes ago, DoubleRose said:

I agree that the goal is to have the two be equally strong (in different ways), but carts are the weaker of the two right now. If you are hit on a cart, you are straight up dead. If you are knocked off a mount, you still have all your defenses and your buffs, unlike how a cart takes them away. Carts are so bad that even with an optimal cart I have found it easier to do ruins deliveries, while dual clienting, via mount instead of cart. That cart was more expensive and difficult to get than my mount or even two of them for that matter.

We would of course need to try out Heatfist's suggested numbers in case they make carts too tanky, but carts are too squishy currently.

Hmm, had no idea it was this bad actually. I kept the Rudolph mount after Christmas and never looked back. Im still poor. 😅

• Like 1