Level Cap  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What should the level cap be?

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but please let me explain. The entire reason I'm suggesting this is because it has been previously stated that no work has yet been done to this game as to what this team has in mind. Everything thus far has been fixing the code and other back-end stuff. So please keep this in mind when posting your reply. 

i absolutely love this entire staff and have nothing but praises to give! This game is awesome and magnificent and I'm just grateful that this team has brought it back from retirement. I, however, have a different opinion in terms of what the level cap should be, and I do believe that there are other players that share this same mentality. 

Too achievable - For starters, I feel that a level 100 cap is way too low. Yes, I understand that the entire premise of the proposed level cap of 100 is for this game to not be as grindy or to give the newer population a sense of not having to catch up so many levels for end-game content, however, it's too easily achievable. As previous people have already stated, you can literally take the weekend to level to 100 with a party. It's not difficult. 100 can be reached utilizing maps throughout Junon and a couple maps in Luna. This leaves a slew of maps leftover on Luna, all of Eldeon, and all of Orlo. If I'm not mistaken, there are plans (eventually) to create the planet Karkia once everything has been settled and in the vision of the team.

No progression - It has also been stated that just because there is a new planet introduced with mobs and such, the max level should not change. I disagree with this, wholeheartedly. People love to replay their maxed out characters and go for further leveling. If I start off with a cleric, I will play that cleric until max level. From then on, I will be buffing new characters to also max level, but also to farm for gear. I will not level on my cleric again.. which is a shame because i love PVE, not PVP with cleric.

Easier scalability - Ramping up the max level in game also makes things a little easier in terms of the amount of work that would have to be accomplished on the teams part. If I remember correctly, the plan is to take all gear/armor that's over level 100 and to reduce it to level 100. This would allow players more options for dressing up their character. Weapons are also included in this. This, to me, is rather an insane amount of alternate gear/armor/weapons one could attain. Like, far too much. Lol. Having higher level gear/armor/weapons would make less work on the team in having to reduce all gear/armor/weapons levels/stats, as well. 

I'm sure there are other reasons, but none of them come to mind. I wanted to post my peace and allow others to give their inputs, as well. Whether that's for an increase in max level or keeping it at level 100. I know I'm nobody to this server, but I am hoping that you, as a team, would hear the community out and at least try and meet us halfway on stuff we'd like to see in the game. 🙂

Thank you! 

Edited by Avatar

1 minute ago, Kai said:

I watched their pre-alpha but ya it's not been decided yet. Though, I don't remember anything about the last level was 100 (unless if it's pre EVO).

If it hasn't been decided yet, then I hope we, as a community, have a say in their decision making process. 

I've also seen all of their videos and 100 has been spoken about many times. At least, if anything, this post will give them an idea of what we think. 

I hope they were talking about the beginning phase of the game, make it 100, then slowly increase the level cap after that..

so nostalgic! the first time  I played rose before EVO i was so happy to get to level 100. 

• Like 1

Thanks for taking the time and putting the effort into writing this suggestions. One thing upfront - the level squish from 250 to 100 is already implemented on the pre-alpha server and I do not think, that it is negotiable. For that reason, I have closed the poll, not to give people false expectations.

From what I heard, they are already playing around with the leveling speed. Lazypenguin has said previously, that leveling should not be too long or too short. So even if the maximum level is 100, that does not mean you will reach it in the same amount of time you used to with all the crazy gear and buffs back in the old naROSE.

The reason for not adding extra levels with new content is simple - the previous content will become entirely irrelevant for max level play. I do agree with you, that there needs to be some way to keep progressing one's character for as long as possible. Having people "finish the game" will just lead to them leaving the game. There are a lot of open questions regarding the end game content and a lot of trying out and testing to be done.

1 minute ago, Rebus said:

Thanks for taking the time and putting the effort into writing this suggestions. One thing upfront - the level squish from 250 to 100 is already implemented on the pre-alpha server and I do not think, that it is negotiable. For that reason I have closed the poll, not to give people false expectations.

From what I heard, they are already playing around with the leveling speed. Lazypenguin has said previously, that leveling should not be too long or too short. So even if the maximum level is 100, that does not mean you will reach it in the same amount of time you used to with all the crazy gear and buffs back in the old naROSE.

The reason for not adding extra levels with new content is simple - the previous content will become entirely irrelevant for max level play. I do agree with you, that there needs to be some way to keep progressing one's character for as long as possible. Having people "finish the game" will just to them leaving the game. There are a lot of open questions regarding the end game content and a lot of trying out and testing to be done.

So you close the poll because of false hope? How does that make sense? The entire premise was to get an idea of what people wanted, not actually have it implemented in the game. I can't believe you actually closed my poll. What's the point of the suggestions forum anyway if you're going to come here and dictate what should or shouldn't be open?

6 minutes ago, Avatar said:

So you close the poll because of false hope? How does that make sense? The entire premise was to get an idea of what people wanted, not actually have it implemented in the game. I can't believe you actually closed my poll. What's the point of the suggestions forum anyway if you're going to come here and dictate what should or shouldn't be open?

Just to make properly clear why I closed your poll again - 100 is just a number. It doesn't really matter what that number is, it only matters how long it actually takes to get there. So if anything, your poll should have been about that. "How long do you think it should take to max level".

Voting on what the number is will not change the developer's decision, that 100 is a good representation for the highest level. And thus, there is no reason to give people the impression their vote would have any impact on this.

PS: But as you can see, I did not close this thread and you are more than welcome to keep discussing this topic.

1 minute ago, Rebus said:

Just to make properly clear why I closed your poll again - 100 is just a number. It doesn't really matter what that number is, it only matters how long it actually takes to get there. So if anything your poll should have been about that. "How long do you think it should take to max level".

Voting on what the number is will not change the developer's decision, that 100 is a good representation for the highest level and thus, there is no reason to give people the impression their vote would have any impact on this.

Here is the thing. You don't get to dictate what the title of my poll will be, not unless there's profanity or violations against the rules. 

Again, I'm getting a sense of people's opinions for the game. In no way, shape, or form am I promising them anything relating to the game. I just want to see where other players' thoughts lie.. and for the team to also see that. That is it. 

If your reasoning for closing my poll is because it won't be implemented in game, then why have the poll option at all? It's a tool used to gather opinions when more than 1 option is presented.

What you're doing is abusing your power. 

3 minutes ago, Rebus said:

Just to make properly clear why I closed your poll again - 100 is just a number. It doesn't really matter what that number is, it only matters how long it actually takes to get there. So if anything your poll should have been about that. "How long do you think it should take to max level".

Voting on what the number is will not change the developer's decision, that 100 is a good representation for the highest level and thus, there is no reason to give people the impression their vote would have any impact on this.

if dev team wants us to keep playing isn't it better to keep the update up?

for example, 100 is the max level cap at this moment, and after few months we'll get new update, increased level cap, new gears, etc. 

so there's 'something to wait' and that's what really keep players around.

as you said, 100 is just a number, if 100 is the max level cap and we have no update after that, everything is still the same, people will have the sense of " I've finished the game", get bored, and leave. Expanding the game to hebarn, Karkia, etc is ofc the ideal solutions but it will take years. Dev team would need good writers, good artists, and good plan for that.

Even though the poll is closed, I hope dev team would consider us, potential players opinion.  I will respect the final decision but us players also want the same thing, for Rose to stay around as long as possible.

If the plan was to change the 'number' from 230 to 100, as in reducing the high level gears like jabberwock, steel resolve, dimple, mana stell etc to maybe level  80 ish or 100. Nothing will change, people will still leave after reaching max level, even though reaching 100 will be super slow that maybe will take months to get there. but then it's as if 100 is the "new 230" and nothing changed.

I still hope you will release the content step by step and making 100 is the current max level cap (please make it as hard as possible to reach)

and after that slowly releasing the next content. slowly releasing luna, eldeon, orlo. while, working on karkia hebarn etc.

so us players have something to eagerly waiting on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kai said:

Even though the poll is closed, I hope dev team would consider us, potential players opinion.  I will respect the final decision but us players also want the same thing, for Rose to stay around as long as possible.

If the plan was to change the 'number' from 230 to 100, as in reducing the high level gears like jabberwock, steel resolve, dimple, mana stell etc to maybe level  80 ish or 100. Nothing will change, people will still leave after reaching max level, even though reaching 100 will be super slow that maybe will take months to get there. but then it's as if 100 is the "new 230" and nothing changed.

I still hope you will release the content step by step and making 100 is the current max level cap (please make it as hard as possible to reach)

and after that slowly releasing the next content. slowly releasing luna, eldeon, orlo. while, working on karkia hebarn etc.

so us players have something to eagerly waiting on.

That's exactly the plan they have in mind. 

14 minutes ago, Rebus said:

PS: But as you can see, I did not close this thread and you are more than welcome to keep discussing this topic.

I have already reported your actions. Regardless of you "leaving" the thread open or not, you had no right to end the poll or close the thread. I've violated no rules.

6 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Here is the thing. You don't get to dictate what the title of my poll will be, not unless there's profanity or violations against the rules. 

Again, I'm getting a sense of people's opinions for the game. In no way, shape, or form am I promising them anything relating to the game. I just want to see where other players' thoughts lie.. and for the team to also see that. That is it. 

If your reasoning for closing my poll is because it won't be implemented in game, then why have the poll option at all? It's a tool used to gather opinions when more than 1 option is presented.

What you're doing is abusing your power. 

There is no need to get angry with me. I am not disallowing you from opening polls, but I will close polls that are missing the point. There is no reason to vote on a number, that has no impact on the player power and that will not be changed. This forum is supposed to be a constructive place.

I understand that "level 210" or whatever number has certain implications to you, but it would be way more constructive to separate those and discuss them individually. E.g. "How long should leveling take", "Should new content increase the level cap?" (which is still possible because Junon is supposed to launch with level 50 cap initially) etc.

Just now, Rebus said:

There is no need to get angry with me. I am not disallowing you from opening polls, but I will close polls that are missing the point. There is no reason to vote on a number, that has no impact on the player power and that will not be changed. This forum is supposed to be a constructive place.

I understand that "level 210" or whatever number has certain implications to you, but it would be way more constructive to separate those and discuss them individually. E.g. "How long should leveling take", "Should new content increase the level cap?" (which is still possible because Junon is supposed to launch with level 50 cap initially) etc.

That is the entire premise of the poll system. You don't seem to understand.

Regardless of whether or not you believe in it, you had no right of closing it. I've done nothing wrong.

4 minutes ago, Avatar said:

That's exactly the plan they have in mind. 

but that plan sounds good then, if 100 is only 'temporary' max level cap.

as long as it's not permanent. Means I (we) can expect lots of updates from them and no one rush.

Edited by Kai

I like the level 100 cap idea however i feel like levels 90-100 should be really grindy like maybe 1 week+ to get a lvl. In this case you still get a sense of acomplishment when you reach level cap but also gives you the option of slowing down and stopping lvling since the difference between 90-100 is not that big and you can still party with  a max level toon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kai said:

but that plan sounds good then, if 100 is only 'temporary' max level cap.

as long as it's not permanent.

Flowan just responded that it is the max level.

Edited by Avatar
Changed info

1 minute ago, publisacman said:

I like the level 100 cap idea however i feel like levels 90-100 should be really grindy like maybe 1 week+ to get a lvl. In this case you still get a sense of acomplishment when you reach level cap but also gives you the option of slowing down and stopping lvling since the difference between 90-100 is not that big and you can still party with  a max level toon.

yup please make it SUPER HARD to level. 

we need that sense of accomplishment.

1 minute ago, Avatar said:

That is not the plan. It's permanent. 

if its permanent then it's really bad o; whatttt...

it's as if 100 is just the new 230 

nothing changed. we dont have any updates to wait on...

1 minute ago, Kai said:

if its permanent then it's really bad o; whatttt...

it's as if 100 is just the new 230 

nothing changed. we dont have any updates to wait on...

Yup! Just remember not to make any polls. That's not allowed.