A Disengage type skill for Gun/Launcher/X-Bow/Bow using Jobs

Heatfist

Besides maybe the Scout class, the other ranged ammo using classes are like sitting ducks in both PvM and PvP. Crossbow users are “tanky” but still get destroyed by magic damage, pierces, stuns, sleeps, slows, etc. 

I would like to suggest a skill that can allow these classes to propel a short distance backwards and receive a short movement speed buff to regain distance over an enemy also with a side effect to make it not too over powered. 

Example skill: 

Disengage 1/5
Requires: Guns/Launcher/Crossbow/Bow

- Propels the user 2m backwards and increases their movement speed by 5% for 4 seconds (If damaged within the 4 seconds the movement speed is dispelled). 60 second cooldown. 

2/5

- Propels the user 4m backwards and increases their movement speed by 8% for 4 seconds (If damaged within the 4 seconds the movement speed is dispelled) 55 second cooldown.

3/5

- Propels the user 6m backwards and increases their movement speed by 12% for 4 seconds (If damaged within the 4 seconds the movement speed is dispelled). 50 second cooldown.

4/5

- Propels the user 8m backwards and increases their movement speed by 15% for 4 seconds (If damaged within the 4 seconds the movement speed is dispelled). 45 second cooldown.

5/5

- Propels the user 10m backwards and increases their movement speed by 20% for 4 seconds (If damaged within the 4 seconds the movement speed is dispelled). 40 second cooldown.

Pros:

- Allows the class to create a distance from their enemies for kiting, or for fleeing

- In groups they can use this to create a distance to allow for tank to pick up the mob off them if needed

- Can be used as a short “sprint” but would require some character positioning to propel in the correct direction 

- Could also be used to propel into a group of mobs to lure back to party (if they don’t get hit in the process)

Cons:

- Could propel into environment objects (trees, rocks, wall, etc) and possible get stuck

- May propel into or near a single aggressive monster or a group of aggressive monsters and be murdered

- Potential glitching/trolling in some areas 

- Wouldn’t work too well in areas with ranged monsters or ranged players (in PvP)

Edited by Heatfist

Here's what I'd suggest.
[Game Arena] Disengage
Movement speed +750
Applies Mute to self 5 seconds.
30 second cooldown
MP cost 20% Max MP

Designed specifically for fleeing, and not chasing [since you're silenced and can't use your skills].
Does allow auto-attacking to chase, sort of [movement is auto's worse enemy]
Reasonable cooldown.
MP cost prevents Mages from using it regularly since they're funneling MP into barriers [easier for low max MP static classes to blue pot and flee, blue pots won't give enough to mages]

Only usable in Game Arena [yes dungeons too]

I will say, Katar raiders will love this spell, which I don't like, since they're going to be about 90% of the pvp specs played at top-end unless Rednim fixed them.

Edited by OwlchemistVile