Mana shield needs a major nerf

prettywomanlover

14 minutes ago, Angeltje said:

i hate how pvm gets a huge hit cause pvp is too hard or something.. I like to solo doing quests, I need my shield to survive in pvm

yeh prolly pretty easy to solo stuff when you have a 25k+ shield thats recastable infinitely, i'd say maybe you shouldn't be able to do that.

there are clerics SOLOING the mummy dungeon because this ability is so overtuned. This isnt a 'clever use of game mechanics' or someone 'just being really good at the game' this is a clearly overtuned ability. Don't even try to say something about the mana cost either, it means nothing, your manabar is back to full before you even hit the ground from pressing manashield.

• Haha 1

Mages were very strong at the end of NA (in both pvp and pvm) there was very little in terms of balance changes in the end years and realistically alot of those same problems will eventually arise again once more people get geared for end game pvp. 

So yeah I think mana shield is very powerful but there likely should be some balance update that adjust the things overall that need tweaking, instead of just straight up nerfing mana shield on its own. 

2 hours ago, Flagrant said:

.. are you ok? who hurt you? I don't play a raider...

Try to bait me all you want, it's players in your shoes seething cause they can't figure out how to do enough damage to pop a little bubble, or use CC to prevent them from reapplying it a few times. Aint my problem until they touch it in PvM, then I got words for people who can't play a 20 year old game and simulate bubble-pop to save their egos. You wonna sound edgey and memelord go ahead. It won't get you anywhere in terms of actually represented a side of the discussion.

9 hours ago, OwlchemistVile said:

Try to bait me all you want, it's players in your shoes seething cause they can't figure out how to do enough damage to pop a little bubble, or use CC to prevent them from reapplying it a few times. Aint my problem until they touch it in PvM, then I got words for people who can't play a 20 year old game and simulate bubble-pop to save their egos. You wonna sound edgey and memelord go ahead. It won't get you anywhere in terms of actually represented a side of the discussion.

How is it a bait? You're clearly biased, and not even level cap, and have no experience in what youre talking about

starting to see why you have the reputation you have.

9 hours ago, Flagrant said:

How is it a bait? You're clearly biased, and not even level cap, and have no experience in what youre talking about

starting to see why you have the reputation you have.

I have plenty of experience at end game with Mage.  I was the first one to start pushing for solo clears on Mage for dungeons. I know precisely how hard it is. The only person here who isn't proving themselves in-game and with evidence, is you.

Edit: Just not worth it. Going to black list you cause you're obviously a sock puppet account from someone before with issues and trying to get a reaction out of me. Not worth it, never will be.

Edited by OwlchemistVile

ok we're talking about the PvP strength of this skill, and you come in with PvM examples.

PLEASE just stop, again, you literally are clueless. Clerics and mages with mana shield can tank 4-5 people ALONE and kill them all. The skill is overtuned, you don't want it nerfed because you want to continue to abuse it. The rest of the server however probably has a different opinion.

You also think its ok that mages and clerics can solo 5man content? that literally shows your bias in its full glory. 

Please keep it about the game, stop trying to attack me on a personal level because you have no clue what you're talking about, this is the mind of a child. I CANT PROVE IT SO *insert personal attack here*

you are a joke, you just complain about the game on your stream, and post toxic biased shit on the forums

'dont nerf the bones i didnt farm enough of them yet'

'dont nerf mana shield i wanna keep abusing it'

please just take a breath and stop coping

edit: lmfao i watched those videos, yeah bro mages are balanced, 100% invincible mage, seems balanced

Edited by Flagrant

It´s a skill, like how the knight has reflect for example, you just need to learn to deal with it.
You are not gonna go and attack it while its reflect is on...
well with a mage its the same, you just stun it, silence it after some dmg so it doesnt recast it , etc.

For pvm tho it does help a lot, and yea if they change it , they would need to do it in a way it doesnt affect pve.

• Like 1

under no circumstances should a mage or a cleric be able to tank shit, let alone solo it.

Set a cap on it, shield cant be bigger than say, 5-6k~ish hp. or add a 45second cooldown(the same duration as EVERY other classes selfbuff)

Edited by Flagrant
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Flagrant said:

under no circumstances should a mage or a cleric be able to tank shit, let alone solo it.

Set a cap on it, shield cant be bigger than say, 5-6k~ish hp. or add a 45second cooldown(the same duration as EVERY other classes selfbuff)

what are you talking about o.o classes buffs have little to no cooldown ?
What kind of buff are you talking about ,? cause int ms speed, etc they have low cds
Gift of knoledge has 0.5cd ... Mental focus has like 2.5s
Blessed Mind also 0.5s...
What kind of self buffs do you refer to?
Just legit curious.

On 1/18/2023 at 12:40 PM, ultragames007 said:

He is comparing it to a self buff, so I just want to know what kind of buff .

the 30 second self buffs,

IE:
jury rigging for bourg
berserk for champ
damage reduction for knight

there are more and most classes have them, they are almost all 60second cooldown at level 1, and the only thing that scales is the cooldown, which makes it 45seconds at level 5.

Edited by Flagrant

On 1/18/2023 at 5:34 PM, Flagrant said:

Erm, so we can disagree on how powered mana shield is. But ”clerics shouldn’t be able to tank”?! Have you tried leveling a battle cleric? I have — you’re not welcome in parties (no AoE and everyone has a heal slave) and you’re definitely not overpowered. The only reason to play the class from early to late game is that you can do cool stuff solo like hunt bosses. Battle cleric is pretty much the ”Paladin” or ”Faith” class (whatever your frame of reference is) in this game, of course you should be able to tank a bit.

Now, I haven’t reached endgame yet so can’t say how OP mana shield is then, but until level 200 or so at least it most definitely is not OP in PvM and should not be nerfed. If it were nerfed by say 20% I probably wouldn’t even use it. If clerics get too OP endgame it has to do with something else (like summon gems? or whatever allows mana shield spam which isn’t possible mid-game).

Edit: Isn’t it funny how the narrative changed from ”clerics are useless now” to ”clerics are too OP” in a few weeks… Just shows how much attention people are paying to how the game can be played.

Edited by Rootstock