MOD Request | Extended Hotbar

One of ya'll who are smarter than I when it comes to XML wanna take a look into the "dlgquickbar.xml" and see if it's possible to "extend" the hotbar to show all 3 presets, effectively giving you 3 times the space on the bar?

Edited by OwlchemistVile

• OwlchemistVile changed the title to MOD Request | Extended Hotbar

I don't think this is possible. I took a look at the quickbar files and 95% of the file is pure layout/background for the different types of bars (horizontal/vertical and gamepad variants). The only part that has to do with actually showing the skills on the slots is:

<PANE ID="0" NAME="" X="0" Y="0" WIDTH="0" HEIGHT="0" OFFSETX="0" OFFSETY="0">
		<IMAGE ID="0" NAME="HOR_ICON_POS" X="0" Y="0" WIDTH="41" HEIGHT="41" OFFSETX="16" OFFSETY="15" MODULEID="0" ALPHAVALUE="0" SCALEWIDTH="1" SCALEHEIGHT="1" GID="" SIZEFIT="0" FONT="100010" A="255" R="255" G="255" B="255" VALIGN="0" HALIGN="0" TEXTOFFSETX="0" TEXTOFFSETY="0" />
		<IMAGE ID="0" NAME="VER_ICON_POS" X="0" Y="0" WIDTH="41" HEIGHT="41" OFFSETX="15" OFFSETY="16" MODULEID="0" ALPHAVALUE="0" SCALEWIDTH="1" SCALEHEIGHT="1" GID="" SIZEFIT="0" FONT="100010" A="255" R="255" G="255" B="255" VALIGN="0" HALIGN="0" TEXTOFFSETX="0" TEXTOFFSETY="0" />
	</PANE>

Those are the positions where it will start rendering the icons. I'm far from knowledgable about the game internals itself, but unless there are some hidden/unused elements or a different xml file that is used to render that section, you have no control over how it renders the skills. The client seems to be using those coordinates for rendering the active preset and replaces them when you switch between them.

Edited by xikeon
  • Like 1

This is exactly why it's important that this game should support adjustable keybindings. If we can add a keybind to any of the 48 hotbar slots (Shift, 1, 2 or 3) that would be a gamechanger. No need for changing bars if you need a spell on a different bar anymore.