[UI MOD] Bigger Minimap

xikeon

I found myself fighting with the minimap being so small, and with screens being much larger than back when the game originally came out I felt like it could make better use of the available space.

image.png.af44e59dee61ca45ff8c36aacbb22079.pngimage.png.eb92a77bb18ed3b3b67762660716d7f7.png

This mod is a complete rewrite of the minimap due to limitations with the original design. It's maybe not as unique looking as the original, but gives a substantially better overview of the area.

Installation
Download one of the following files:
Bigger Minimap 330x330
Bigger Minimap 230x230

And copy the file into: <install path>\3ddata\control\xml
Replace the file already there

If you don't know what your install path is, it's probably C:/Program Files/ROSE Online

Edited by xikeon
Updated screenshots to reflect the new version
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 6

50 minutes ago, Avatar said:

No way!! I love you so much!

It does look rather big lol. Any way for a happy medium perhaps? 

I'm gonna be honest, I wasn't quite sure what size to go for either. I'll look into making a ~200px wide version tommorow, kinda done moving stuff by 1px at a time for today lol

• Like 1

Pushed a new version with some fixes, redownload from the links in the original post and re-apply to update.

- I forgot to add the game arena button, this one is now in the bottom left and I moved the item mall te be centered on the bottom bar
- The giftbox was miss-aligned and now is correctly centered

• Like 1

Thanks all!

16 hours ago, redinis said:

Amazing mod, btw! Very nice QOL improvement in my opinion, what else do you think you can add to this ?

I have no plans right now as it has all the features the default minimap has. If people have thoughts on how to improve it I'm always open to ideas though!

3 hours ago, xikeon said:

Thanks all!

I have no plans right now as it has all the features the default minimap has. If people have thoughts on how to improve it I'm always open to ideas though!

Hum it is kinda unrelated, but since you did pop out a part of the ui, would it be possible to pop the quest journal out as well? Also im rattling my brain for something jice and doable 🙂

1 hour ago, redinis said:

Hum it is kinda unrelated, but since you did pop out a part of the ui, would it be possible to pop the quest journal out as well? Also im rattling my brain for something jice and doable 🙂

Sadly the quest journal seems to be handled differently than the rest of the UI and can't be modified. I was trying to figure out how to change it after making the minimap bigger, as it kinda overlaps by default, but don't think it's possible :EmoteSad:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, xikeon said:

Sadly the quest journal seems to be handled differently than the rest of the UI and can't be modified. I was trying to figure out how to change it after making the minimap bigger, as it kinda overlaps by default, but don't think it's possible :EmoteSad:

Is there any way to have your enlarged minimap pop up when you press and open the world map on each planet/city? Like if I were to press M in Junon or Zant, could your map cover that position? Or does it always revert to the world map that isn’t helpful in the slightest? 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Avatar said:

Is there any way to have your enlarged minimap pop up when you press and open the world map on each planet/city? Like if I were to press M in Junon or Zant, could your map cover that position? Or does it always revert to the world map that isn’t helpful in the slightest? 

You’d have to change the image it pulls up or the image it links to

1 hour ago, Avatar said:

Let’s do it! 🤣

It would be rednim, or only a client side thing that would break every patch when it replaces the files. 

I haven’t played with changing out images on the client so I’m not sure how hard that is to do

2 hours ago, Avatar said:

I'm not 100% sure about the extent of UI editing possible as I'm fairly new, but I believe extra interactivity isn't possible. From what I have seen any interaction is a defined button type that does a specific pre-determined action.

I have thought about looking into replacing the world map with a better one, but I'm not sure how useful this would be or to what extent possible. Due to what I said in the previous paragraph, I don't think it'd be possible to add any other interactivity making it very difficult to really improve the map, regardless of the image.

Edited by xikeon

20 minutes ago, xikeon said:

I'm not 100% sure about the extent of UI editing possible as I'm fairly new, but I believe extra interactivity isn't possible. From what I have seen any interaction is a defined button type that does a specific pre-determined action.

I have thought about looking into replacing the world map with a better one, but I'm not sure how useful this would be or to what extent possible. Due to what I said in the previous paragraph, I don't think it'd be possible to add any other interactivity making it very difficult to really improve the map, regardless of the image.

You can only use the information that is already there. And resize and relocate stuff. Nothing more. Some values can be grabbed by guessing (or hoping the devs will tell you which to use).

• Thanks 1