Self introduction

Kai

Name: Avery

Preferred name to call you: Legitguns

Gender/country/age: Male, USA, 24

When did you start playing Rose Online? 2008

Who introduce you to Rose/ What brought you to Rose? My uncle

What do you like the most from Rose Online? I love everything about the game but what really stuck out to me was doing holiday events, and the social aspects about it such as partying, leveling together and the amazing community. It truly had the best social aspects of any game

What's your favorite class to play? (and why) Battle artisan because cold bullets were so cool and you could get really fast attack speed and have them fly super fast 

How did you discover Rose Online for the first time ? My uncle played during the pay to play era and told me about it and I was addicted ever since. My whole family played after that

Share your favorite memories from Rose Online! Leveling in a party with my cousins, brothers and uncle, doing holiday events and chilling in tg with friends. 

Favorite monster: Antares, giant Antares and giant pumpkins 

Favorite places in Rose Online: Eldeon, sikuku underground prison, ruins, desert of dead and training grounds 

Things you hate the most in Rose: when people begged for zulie aswell as some annoying maps to traverse through in orlo 

Anything you want to say? This is my first ever mmo and by far my favorite, some of my best childhood memories were made in this game and the friends I made and I’m so excited to relive this hidden gem of a game and reminisce my childhood memories as an adult. 

See you in game :-)

Name: Malak

Gender / Country / Age: Male / Belgium / 29

When did you start playing ROSE Online? forgot, certainly around 2006

What do you like the most from ROSE Online? The real MMO genra, where people would stop to help each others, the discussion, the shops

What's your favorite class to play? Cleric on principle. Or some AoE character like the knight.  Never went really far on the content other than leveling up to 250.  Usually I went on another char afterwards (last was a bourgeois)

Favorite memory: Farming in prison on the 3rd planet as an AoE group.

Favorite monster: Well of course, the jellynut, the first "dad" mob you could spawn.

Things you hate the most in ROSE:  people having all the classes themselves and living their best lives alone.

Anything you want to say? As a fellow developer & eng. ops myself, I can understand that migrating a codebase from early 2000 to a more modern architecture is a real challenge.  I do hope you will have the time & luxury to make the correct scaling architecture so that this game will be able to handle thousand of gamers on a same tile/map without lagging 🙂 (please no 200+ distinct servers like every latest games are doing to cope with the population)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Name: Nick

Preferred name to call you: Jova

Gender/country/age: M / USA / 25

When did you start playing Rose Online?: When I was 8, 17 years ago. I think that would be 2005.

Who introduced you to Rose?: My brother and his friend.

What do you like the most from Rose Online?: It's a generally relaxing environment.

What's your favorite class to play? (and why): Soldier, because I like soldiers, and it was my first class.

How did you discover Rose Online for the first time?: I saw my brother and his friend playing it, and I decided that I wanted to play too. My brother got upset because he didn't want me to play on his account, even though I'd have just made my own account anyway.

Share your favorite memories from Rose Online!: 17 years ago, when I was 8, I met someone who I still speak with to this day. At the time, I "married" her in-game. The wedding was on Dolphin Island, which is why it's my favorite place, and I invited a bunch of people on my friends list to attend, and a friend who I called my in-game "bro" at the time, JackAttack212, was my best man. She was my e-wife for a little while, until she broke up with me for someone else and made me cry, because I thought we were going to be married forever and ever. Poor 8 year old me. 😞

Favorite monster: Pomic Soldier. I don't know why, they always just looked cool to me.

Favorite places in Rose Online: Dolphin Island

Things you hate the most in Rose: Pay to win.

Anything you want to say?: My first character's name was Nickd8. My logic behind that was; my name is Nick, my last initial is D, and I was 8. Nickd8. EZ. I bet you can't guess what I named my next character when I turned 9.

Edited by Jova1106
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jova1106 said:

Name: Nick

Preferred name to call you: Jova

Gender/country/age: M / USA / 25

When did you start playing Rose Online?: When I was 8, 17 years ago. I think that would be 2005.

Who introduced you to Rose?: My brother and his friend.

What do you like the most from Rose Online?: It's a generally relaxing environment.

What's your favorite class to play? (and why): Soldier, because I like soldiers, and it was my first class.

How did you discover Rose Online for the first time?: I saw my brother and his friend playing it, and I decided that I wanted to play too. My brother got upset because he didn't want me to play on his account, even though I'd have just made my own account anyway.

Share your favorite memories from Rose Online!: 17 years ago, when I was 8, I met someone who I still speak with to this day. At the time, I "married" her in-game. The wedding was on Dolphin Island, which is why it's my favorite place, and I invited a bunch of people on my friends list to attend, and a friend who I called my in-game "bro" at the time, JackAttack212, was my best man. She was my e-wife for a little while, until she broke up with me for someone else and made me cry, because I thought we were going to be married forever and ever. Poor 8 year old me. 😞

Favorite monster: Pomic Soldier. I don't know why, they always just looked cool to me.

Favorite places in Rose Online: Dolphin Island

Things you hate the most in Rose: Pay to win.

Anything you want to say?: My first character's name was Nickd8. My logic behind that was; my name is Nick, my last initial is D, and I was 8. Nickd8. EZ. I bet you can't guess what I named my next character when I turned 9.

Lmao, I loved reading this man. Welcome back! I look forward to playing with you in game!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Name
Jackie, Wondertje

Preferred name to call you
Jackie

Gender/country/age
Female, Sweden, 31

When did you start playing Rose Online?

Who introduce you to Rose/ What brought you to Rose?
Ex-boyfriend

What do you like the most from Rose Online?
The fact that the community made the game feel like home

What's your favorite class to play? (and why)
My favourite supporting class was always Cleric. I loved running around buffing people even when I was by a smol wee muse. My favourite main class is Bourg. Specifically, I had a B3 bourg that I spent hours and hours on perfecting and farming B3. Was fun, I love the map and I made tons of money - I had nothing to lose.

How did you discover Rose Online for the first time ?
Ex-boyfriend said hey cool game, I said sure. We broke up and I kept outleveling him so I won ROSE in the break-up. Best win of my life.

Share your favorite memories from Rose Online!
Oh lord, there are so many memories. One memory I'm very fond of is the fact that even though drama was a big thing back in the day, people still somehow always got together when it really mattered and was needed. I remember farming for all the rares and uniques to create a collection: I spent hours and hours on Grunter King.

Favorite monster
Candle Ghost

Favorite places in Rose Online
Behind the waterfall, The original Adventurer's Plains but most importantly B3.

Things you hate the most in Rose
I don't really hate anything in the game, it was all QoL stuff that frustrated me. The market inflation was a big bummer, but I was (and am still) a player that mostly tries to be self-sufficient, so it wasn't a huge problem.

Anything you want to say?
I can't believe this is happening, but I am beyond stoked to see it!

Edited by Wondertje
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Name: Gwen

Preferred name to call you: Humiliation

Gender/country/age: Male/Netherlands/32

When did you start playing Rose Online? I think, about 12 years ago!

Who introduce you to Rose/ What brought you to Rose? I can not remember 😆

What do you like the most from Rose Online? The music, the people, pvp, wars, the ambience

What's your favorite class to play? (and why) Raider/Champ, Raider because the high mspd, atspd, and invis. Champ because its a solid tanky class with alot of variations.

How did you discover Rose Online for the first time ? I can not remember 😆

Share your favorite memories from Rose Online! Union Wars, Clan Wars and lvling with friends!

Favorite monster: Good question..

Favorite places in Rose Online: Junon

Things you hate the most in Rose: Pay to Win, Cheaters

Anything you want to say? Cant wait to play some Beta Testing!

Edited by Humiliation
  • Like 2

Name: TheShredR

Preferred name to call you: TheShredR / ShredR

Gender/country/age: Male / The Netherlands / 32

When did you start playing Rose Online? Pff, can't really remember this, probably playing on one of the private servers around the age of 13.

Who introduce you to Rose/ What brought you to Rose? I think it was a player called Ducky which I played CoD2 with alot back then.

What do you like the most from Rose Online? Playing together in the game and helping each other out!

What's your favorite class to play? (and why) Cleric, buffing others and healing people.

How did you discover Rose Online for the first time? Introduced by another player.

Share your favorite memories from Rose Online! Buffing people in front of Junon.

Favorite monster: Behemoth King

Favorite places in Rose Online: Xita Refuge

Things you hate the most in Rose: Playing it solo!

Anything you want to say? I will be setting up a Dutch community/clan for this server, so if any NL/BE people would like to join, I started a discord server: https://discord.gg/fQuMMDJNJF

Name: glenn

Preferred name to call you: windrider6 (a name my father came up with, when seeing a hawker 👌)/luckystriike

Gender/country/age: Male/The Netherlands/29

When did you start playing Rose Online? Around 2002/2006? Not sure

Who introduce you to Rose/ What brought you to Rose? My brothers and I where constantly looking for new games to play. We liked starting a game, lvl up, enjoy and quit. 

What do you like the most from Rose Online? Amazing/happy graphics, sounds and playing with brothers and friends.

What's your favorite class to play? Hawker because it had nice armour and weapon sets. Cleric because I like to support players.

Share your favorite memories from Rose Online! The lovely feel of the graphics and sounds. Playing with brothers hoping for a better drop to slap your brothers in the face 🙂 Especially at the aqua king.

Favorite monster: Moldie

Things you hate the most in Rose: Pay to win ofc.

Anything you want to say? Hi and let’s start a new adventure.

Edited by Luckystriike