Weekly Alpha/Beta Update

HoneyBuns

All of us are eagerly waiting to be able to play the game and I realize that testing, especially alpha testing, is a constant state of change and adjustment.  But would it be possible to pin a topic here at the forum with info on decisions made or things that are being looked into and update it every week or something? 

I’ve been watching as many alpha streams as I can but we all have lives and responsibilities so it’s not possible to watch every stream every day,  Apparently one of the devs mentioned on a stream (that I did not watch)  that a few buffs will be added back to the muse skill tree.  Since so many people are concerned about the future of clerics, that news is at least somewhat reassuring. But if I didn’t just happen to be watching a streamer’s chat where that info was mentioned, I would not have known.

So far the Rednim team has been refreshingly transparent and the community really appreciates that. I  think an update topic at the forum would help all of us stay informed on issues that are important to us as ROSE players and prevent inaccurate info from being spread around. Even if a firm decision has not been made on something, the fact that it’s being reviewed (like cleric buffs for example) is good for players to know imo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I agree that it would be very fun and useful to have a place to keep track of alpha updates as well as future updates. I think that instead of being a weekly thing, it could just be posted as things change or as decisions are being made. I have also watched as much as I could but I couldn't watch everything. And to add to your point, here are some examples of things that were said in some of the streams that a lot of people could've missed out on:

For example, watching Owlchemist_Vile's stream at the beginning of alpha, lazypenguin announced that a patch was on the way to raise the level from 50 to 100, along with a few other patch notes and fixes (#JusticeForJeff #RIPJeff 😞). Not being able to play alpha, hearing these things made me very excited to see this fast of progressions and I had a feeling of involvement (I know, delusional ❤️). There was also a discussion about faith items which was so interesting, even though no official decision was probably made about that.

In HShire's stream, Garnet said that he was working on mobs not spawning inside of walls in different maps, that he finished adventurer's plains, for example, and that news was so exciting to me! Getting attacked by candle ghosts in walls was such a pain. It was huge news to me because small quality of life changes like that get me very hyped.

In Snuwfer's stream, lazypenguin said that muses were gonna get the following buffs back: magic defense, mana increase & damage increase. That was really exciting, but was only for those in the stream to see... And for example, you heard that HoneyBuns, from mouth to ear, which can make things can get lost in "translation"...

In Rob's stream, it was all good vibes and nostalgia ❤️

Now, I understand that any of these things are subject to change, but even if they are, it would be great if these decisions and advancements on the game were posted somewhere for everyone to see. One one hand, considering the Devs are really busy actually working on the game, it could take a bit too much of their time. On the other hand, I don't know if it could be the responsibility of alpha streamers to make such posts, on top of streaming for so many hours.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vexoi said:

I agree that it would be very fun and useful to have a place to keep track of alpha updates as well as future updates. I think that instead of being a weekly thing, it could just be posted as things change or as decisions are being made. I have also watched as much as I could but I couldn't watch everything. And to add to your point, here are some examples of things that were said in some of the streams that a lot of people could've missed out on:

For example, watching Owlchemist_Vile's stream at the beginning of alpha, lazypenguin announced that a patch was on the way to raise the level from 50 to 100, along with a few other patch notes and fixes (#JusticeForJeff #RIPJeff 😞). Not being able to play alpha, hearing these things made me very excited to see this fast of progressions and I had a feeling of involvement (I know, delusional ❤️). There was also a discussion about faith items which was so interesting, even though no official decision was probably made about that.

In HShire's stream, Garnet said that he was working on mobs not spawning inside of walls in different maps, that he finished adventurer's plains, for example, and that news was so exciting to me! Getting attacked by candle ghosts in walls was such a pain. It was huge news to me because small quality of life changes like that get me very hyped.

In Snuwfer's stream, lazypenguin said that muses were gonna get the following buffs back: magic defense, mana increase & damage increase. That was really exciting, but was only for those in the stream to see... And for example, you heard that HoneyBuns, from mouth to ear, which can make things can get lost in "translation"...

In Rob's stream, it was all good vibes and nostalgia ❤️

Now, I understand that any of these things are subject to change, but even if they are, it would be great if these decisions and advancements on the game were posted somewhere for everyone to see. One one hand, considering the Devs are really busy actually working on the game, it could take a bit too much of their time. On the other hand, I don't know if it could be the responsibility of alpha streamers to make such posts, on top of streaming for so many hours.

I was more thinking it should be something one of the devs or actual Rednim staff would do rather than a streamer (maybe Rebus?).  I think it's important that the community hears information of any kind officially rather than second hand (no offense to the alpha streamers- they are great <3)

But what you just said is exactly why we need some sort of update topic.  People who did not have the chance to watch every stream will be missing out on whatever exciting comments were made and tho I know some players would probably be glad to post about things they've heard,  that makes it easy to spread info that might not be accurate.  

This update topic does not have to be long or even very detailed- just a short summary of the past week's testing and what things are being tested and reviewed.

• Like 2

I agree, patch notes/roadmap sooner rather then later, but i would also understand that everything in Alpha is very much subject to change and we just let them develop for now as they see fit.. and maybe start doing patch notes once open beta is here..

• Like 1

It would definitely make the wait more bareable. I think the main takaway here is that even if those updates are subject to change, it is much better to have those short update posts made by the dev team rather than players potentially spreading misinformation or rumors. I have heard some players taking a streamer's opinion and taking it as a decision from Rednim even though the streamer had said that it was only his opinion... We all understand that alpha and beta means anything can changes and things that have been said can also change, like, removing all cleric buff and then adding 3 again.

I don't know if it helps but I will be doing regular on-stream updates with lazy and the team where important questions can be raised and answers given along with demos of new content and whatnot. Granted, sneak peaks have already been seen here and there but to see it with the "official word" is also very cool. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HShires said:

I don't know if it helps but I will be doing regular on-stream updates with lazy and the team where important questions can be raised and answers given along with demos of new content and whatnot. Granted, sneak peaks have already been seen here and there but to see it with the "official word" is also very cool. 🙂

That would be perfect! Possible to see these portions of your stream recapped on the official youtube channel? And how regular are we talking, since every week would be a bit too much to expect significant changes. 

44 minutes ago, HShires said:

I'm still not so comfortable with updates being given on a stream personally.  It seems like a good way for inaccurate information to be spread since most people hear what they want to hear and interpret things the way they want those things to be.  Human nature lol.

However if this is the way the team has decided to share info and updates, then can the schedule for your weekly (or however frequent) interviews be posted in a topic that's pinned here at the forum?  At least that way players who don't normally watch livestreams, or who don't have the time to do that, will know where to quickly search to find out the latest news. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Whoop said:

That would be perfect! Possible to see these portions of your stream recapped on the official youtube channel? And how regular are we talking, since every week would be a bit too much to expect significant changes. 

I think he said there would be an update stream on HShires' Twitch every T U E S D A Y. You can already find a recap of the first stream from last Tuesday on the official youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/ROSEOnlineMMO.

I'm I remember correctly it is already happening every Tuesday but Harry will correct me if I'm wrong. 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vexoi said:

I think he said there would be an update stream on HShires' Twitch every T U E S D A Y. You can already find a recap of the first stream from last Tuesday on the official youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/ROSEOnlineMMO.

I'm I remember correctly it is already happening every Tuesday but Harry will correct me if I'm wrong. 🙂

With all of the constant joking about "Tuesday" on the Discord server, it's hard to take anything seriously lol.  But if that's true and the only updates will be on Harry's streams every Tuesday,  at least we can try to catch that stream and get the info we are all desperate for 

3 hours ago, Vexoi said:

Fine and dandy but I don’t want to watch a 1:43:02 long video that might not have updates or a dedicated portion (preferably beginning) or make a separate cut down version for only updates. 

We’ll see how it goes Tuesday though I suppose. 

also can anyone explain why people put countdowns up before a stream “starts” while actually streaming a countdown?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zurn said:

Fine and dandy but I don’t want to watch a 1:43:02 long video that might not have updates or a dedicated portion (preferably beginning) or make a separate cut down version for only updates. 

We’ll see how it goes Tuesday though I suppose. 

also can anyone explain why people put countdowns up before a stream “starts” while actually streaming a countdown?

Yes this, I feel like the gameplay part in this video is very necessary. We all know how rose works and plays. I would prefer if the gameplay would be split from the dev update. 

To add to this point, just adding the patchnotes with a disclaimer that they are not final would be a nice way to stay up to date.(We all know that alpha patch notes are all subject to changes and could be reverted)

Alpha streamers have been reading those patch notes anyways so why not just let everyone see them? 🙂

• Like 1

Now I’m not able to watch these live due to working while these are going on, so I’ve been watching the videos on shires twitch channel afterwards. 

why is there a 30 minute countdown before the thing starts? I’d guess it counted down to what was it 1pm but It took a 30ish minute video and made it 1 hour or so. 

watch it on YouTube you say? I would but 8 or so hours ago today the FIRST update (2 weeks ago) was just uploaded.

It took two weeks to upload a video…

either way probably going to watch them, just my observations so far. 

• 1 month later...