PET SYSTEM

Kai

We need cute pets!

I hope we can get a system where players are able to capture and adopt certain mobs to keep as pets.

IDEAS:

• FOODS: Making the pet eat certain foods, which players can buy from NPC (way to push zulie out of the system!)
  • PET TAMER: are either purchasable form NPC or dropped from other mobs. 
  • AUTO FEED system ON/OFF
  • Depends on dev team, maybe it's a good idea to give pets ability to give a little bit of status boost. Maybe 1-3 points. For example Moldie gives +2 int. Which isn't too much of a big deal but not super duper bad either.
  • When the hungry level is low, pet will stay but would stop giving extra status.
  • EVOLUTION SYSTEM! 

Edited by Kai
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Winniethenoob said:

I like the idea, i think it fits the theme very well.

I also think it would add alot of clutter, i remember all the shops that where open in Junon, now imagine each player also having a pet roam around.

its nice idea but game should fix graphic stuttering problem in Junon first, on crowded places fps was dropping very low even on high performance computer due to ancient game engine 🙂

An auto loot feature on the pet would be super nice.

Also, more rare pets you get will give you buffs randomly. Maybe a feature where you can feed/upgrade your pet, and it evolves. Maybe make three evolutions a pet can have, and each one changes the look of it slightly. The higher leveled/evolved your pet the stronger it's buffs are for you.

I think farming for your favorite pet will be fun, along with evolving it.

39 minutes ago, ClumsyCake said:

An auto loot feature on the pet would be super nice.

Also, more rare pets you get will give you buffs randomly. Maybe a feature where you can feed/upgrade your pet, and it evolves. Maybe make three evolutions a pet can have, and each one changes the look of it slightly. The higher leveled/evolved your pet the stronger it's buffs are for you.

I think farming for your favorite pet will be fun, along with evolving it.

I agree pets would be cool and auto pickup, feeding and raising it, but I do not think it should give buffs or any kind of combat advantages unless it were implemented as a class skill. There are self buffs, and cleric buffs I do not think we need more 

4 hours ago, Avery said:

I agree pets would be cool and auto pickup, feeding and raising it, but I do not think it should give buffs or any kind of combat advantages unless it were implemented as a class skill. There are self buffs, and cleric buffs I do not think we need more 

I was thinking along the lines of solo players, or players that cant get a party when they have only a couple or few hours to play. I know players have their own buffs, but I doubt having a pet that gets a random buff skill will kill the game. This is just a dream idea on my end.

I think that the pets should only give three types of buffs that are random skills they get. The pet wont buff all the time, or when you want it to. it's buffs are not as strong as a clerics buff, so there is no riot over pets taking over a clerics job. I was thinking a pet that is in the first stage of evolution, it will only have one buff skill that is random. It gains skills from each evolution.

1 hour ago, ClumsyCake said:

I was thinking along the lines of solo players, or players that cant get a party when they have only a couple or few hours to play. I know players have their own buffs, but I doubt having a pet that gets a random buff skill will kill the game. This is just a dream idea on my end.

I think that the pets should only give three types of buffs that are random skills they get. The pet wont buff all the time, or when you want it to. it's buffs are not as strong as a clerics buff, so there is no riot over pets taking over a clerics job. I was thinking a pet that is in the first stage of evolution, it will only have one buff skill that is random. It gains skills from each evolution.

love this idea,would be dope if u could level up ur pets

Auto-pickup with the ability to pickup certain drops if you want.

I pickup everything, but lets say you only want gems and chemicals, then be able to configure the pet to only pickup those items.   But say up to a max amount for the list.   Maybe when you say gems, it picks up all gems, unless you specify I only want diamond 1 & 2.

Thoughts?

To level up your pet feed them crap you don’t want from your inventory or drops you can’t pick up, from having to much crap in your inventory!

moldie that eats metallic junk becomes a metal moldie!

Edited by Zurn
Im terrible with grammar and words
  • Like 2

PETS!!! We all love pets It would 100% fit the theme and I'm sure there would be no cons in having them. As long as they can keep up with player movement speed? Especially those who have a zillion movement speed and basically teleport across the map.

I'd love to have a pet system in game, even if its just to collect them and be able to summon them from a UI to show off. I'm not really bothered about them having abilities even though that would be cool also but the current pet system by summoning from consumables for a limited time is... boring... at least for me. I don't want to collect them just to be sat in my inventory and not summon them because they'll be gone after that! I want to collect rare pets and show them off!

3 hours ago, Fatal said:

I don't want to collect them just to be sat in my inventory and not summon them because they'll be gone after that! I want to collect rare pets and show them off!

Agreed. And for that reason these pets need to be permanent. You spawn or unspawn them at will and the capsule or whatever they come from, stays in your inventory. yes it will clog up your inventory after a while but that's better than the one use capsules that we have now.

Maybe we could have an extra tab in our inventory just for a pets collection. "Gotta catch them all" after all

Edited by PurpleYouko

It would be nice if there was a tab added into the character status for pets with a toggle to free up space, maybe even have a list to pick from in that tab

If pets have a buff skill like some summons did and you could level them up and choose to improve them a little or say have movement speed as the main buff maybe be able to get an accuracy buff as a secondary 

I always liked the capsule monster system that Rose had.
It gave some interest to particular monsters and was always a neat little improvement to your DPS (and let's be honest quite funny )

Yet i would be against a PET system, first off as someone said this if there were too many players in one place this would create an absolute mess.
Secondly this would potentially stop the game from having a summoner's class, if everyone suddenly have them then what's the point ?
If it were to be cosmetic only i'd be okay with it only if the players were given the option to not display them.

well you would probably only be able to bring out one pet at a time to show them off. Basic collectable pets should not really do anything other than follow you around and maybe help to pick up drops.

A summoner class would be very nice. The difference being that their pets would actually have active benefits with either buffs or by taking over the main combat functions from the player. Kind of like combining a bonfire and a few hunters.

Having collectibles is always great to keep the completionist types busy. Also, having variety of something to display use alongside your dress is great to keep the (ingame) cosplayers busy. Pets and summons (combat pets) should certainly stay seperate, if they are to become a thing.

I personally do not like the idea of looting being fully automated. They did consider reworking the loot system in some form anyways. If the loot system were to stay the same, I would only support pets picking up some items occasionally (to help, not to do all the work) or possibly just something specific like money or an item of your choosing.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 9:36 AM, Rebus said:

I would only support pets picking up some items occasionally (to help, not to do all the work) or possibly just something specific like money or an item of your choosing.

yes me too sir, money or items that you need but do all stuff looting by pets making you lazy in game.