Hello DeeBee

CutiSimmone

Ah...good ol' DeeBee.  Me and some my team learned quite a bit from the DeeBee days.

Though, I'd say that pservers definitely helped the Rose community last a lot longer than it likely would have without them.  And if DeeBee was the pioneer of the pserver run...I dig it though I won't condone their full set of actions.

iRose was closing and DeeBee released the duping method... smh.  I'm pretty sure that has indirectly led me to be where I'm at today in the industry but that's neither here nor there.

Hopefully, precautions have been set.

*But, yes...things happened.

Edited by SteveOmaha
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, OwlchemistVile said:

You sure like talking up someone who was that bad, almost idolized levels of speech. We all know who he was/is, and we ignore him because he doesn't deserve attention. Let it go.

Oh I can let it go. It isn't and shouldn't be forgotten though.  Those were some pretty dark days in 2005-2008 or 2009. I lost so so soooo much due to crashes and rollbacks. I know 100s that quit just due to the stability issues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LadyPsyber said:

You realize DeeBee used to take naRose down for kicks?  He used to modify code so he could cheat?  He's the FIRST person to steal a version of a server and make it possible for...alternative servers?  He is THE WORST thing that has ever happened in the world of Rose.  There really is nobody worse.

We're talking felony counts of hacking the server for months and years.  The guy should be word banned so he's never discussed in here for what he did to us. DeeBee is a worst comment than...other servers we shouldn't be discussing.

You either are not the original HoneyBuns or you sure weren't aware of how much strife we went through because of him. My comment was made because he physically cost a lot of money and a lot of players and 1000s of hours of lost play time for people. Rose itself was changed forever.  

I lived thru that time but you missed the point of my post.  This topic is NOT about Deebee, it's about getting the attention of the topic starter's old friends.  So now I will make it more clear.  You need to drop this and stop posting about it.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2022 at 4:45 PM, Arik said:

I still remember those 3 channels that always said "Exceeded" in red, but my friend and me just didn't give up, we kept clicking hoping someone log out so we could get in, lol.

I remember using a tool called "Exceeded-Helper" (yes, bad third party tool I know) that auto-clicked on the channel and resulting message until you got in. I don't remember what the site I got it from was called but it had LOTS of Guides for iROSE (jobs, Episode Quest, leveling, etc) back then as well.

And you did well with the title, that's the reason I clicked at the topic.

• Like 1

I am highly concerned moderators aren't taking this seriously as drawing attention and or this person back to public rose servers could actually spell the end of this game especially if the code hasn't been entirely fixed and secured to prevent this from happening again. 

I think it would be more relative to encourage users to make a post shout out to 2004 irose/naRose players instead of dredging up old drama by drawing attention to someone who wasn't nice and whom did in fact inspire people to be better and act the opposite of. 

Sincerely, BD

Edited by Beedee
eh spelling
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 6:13 PM, Beedee said:

I am highly concerned moderators aren't taking this seriously as drawing attention and or this person [...]

[...] instead of dredging up old drama by drawing attention to someone who wasn't nice and whom did in fact inspire people to be better and act the opposite of. 

Sincerely, BD

In that case I hope your name is just a coincidence and not a homage to said person 💀

• Thanks 2

On 12/8/2022 at 10:56 AM, LadyPsyber said:

Lets get something straight. DeeBee is a scumbag. He's literally one of the greatest reasons of how code worked on by hard working coders was stolen from the people who made the game. He's a hacker and yes he's a complete scumbag. A thieving scumbag.

There is nothing positive in the name DeeBee other than aggravation and anger because he used his skills to hack and cause all sorts of problems for iRose and then NARose.

He's not cool, not funny, not interesting, not nice and it would be great if he fell onto a pile of hepatitis tipped knives for his thefts and taking the server down when he wasn't making himself god in the game and unbalance something. Its unfortunate that the police never caught up with him but then again the knives catching up first would be better.

No matter what he did, he gave me and thousands of other people one of the best childhood memories of our lives.

next

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2022 at 6:56 PM, LadyPsyber said:

Lets get something straight. DeeBee is a scumbag. He's literally one of the greatest reasons of how code worked on by hard working coders was stolen from the people who made the game. He's a hacker and yes he's a complete scumbag. A thieving scumbag.

There is nothing positive in the name DeeBee other than aggravation and anger because he used his skills to hack and cause all sorts of problems for iRose and then NARose.

He's not cool, not funny, not interesting, not nice and it would be great if he fell onto a pile of hepatitis tipped knives for his thefts and taking the server down when he wasn't making himself god in the game and unbalance something. Its unfortunate that the police never caught up with him but then again the knives catching up first would be better.

That's how I remember it as well.  Naughty, my wife, just reminded me that Rose is up and running again.

2 minutes ago, Angeltje said:

Wait naughty as in Vmod naughty from warpportal? Or a different one

Naughty was a mod on WarpPortal and I was as well.  

I just checked back in after stumbling on to this new Rose forum last summer but the game wasn't running yet.  BTW, I am not sure of my log in details for the actual game.  Or do I have to create a separate account for that login?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoffeeMuse said:

I just checked back in after stumbling on to this new Rose forum last summer but the game wasn't running yet.  BTW, I am not sure of my log in details for the actual game.  Or do I have to create a separate account for that login?

The login details for the game is the same as the login details for the main website. It’s all connected. Your email address is used instead of an Account ID. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Avatar said:

The login details for the game is the same as the login details for the main website. It’s all connected. Your email address is used instead of an Account ID. 

The forum auto logs me in and I don't remember the password I created last summer.  fun!

7 hours ago, CoffeeMuse said:

Omg i dunno if naughty remembers me but she helped me big time as a mod on the forums. I am still grateful 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 8:37 AM, CutiSimmone said:

Hi from Australia, 

I don't suppose you would remember me, anyways I started in Beta, my friends were Matt & Yuki, and I was in the original Addicts clan.

I cried the first time Rose was Re-set in Beta, then again and again every time a server closed haha!

Now I'm so used to it starting over, all I do is look forward to new servers, so yes I have played R.O.S.E since Gravity and yes that means I have been playing it for more than half of my life!! I had other Character names back then but play under my real name now so of you oldies would know me. 

Meh.. Trebor you should know who I am LOLz!

"Cuti" Simmone

I believe  I remember DeeBee. - They disconnected me because I didn't immediately go help them when they were being PK'd in ruins.  So I DDOS'd them back. Shutting down their internet.  - Which resulted in them shutting down the internet node for my entire city. (took my ISP an entire day to restore the internet)  

If I remember correctly, before rose went pay to play, they taught me how to use packet sniffing tools, and how to alter packets to do things I shouldn't of been doing. All these things I've mostly long since forgotten.  

Maybe it's a different person. But from what I've been reading. Sounds like it was them. Back in the days of TeamSpeak/Ventrilo. Ages ago. 

Anyways, thanks for the reminiscing. CutiSimmone. Was a fun throwback. 

If you see me in game, make sure you say hi! 🙂 

Edited by GodOfEntity
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

LOL so much hostility, but the only person making a deal out of the headline is the one that's complaining the most and fueling and keeping DB alive.

Yes IO used DB instead of  "2004 iRose reunion"  but that's not what I wanted, for me it goes back further, and only a true addict wold know.

anyway TX HoneyBuns for trying to clarify it, I guess LP cant read or is too raged to think clearly.

It's just a title, I specifically didn't mention his name in my posts, and also replied to HB moderator,  when she asked why.

Thanks guys for the comments anyways!

Edited by CutiSimmone