Adjustment to First Hit Tag Lock on Monsters

Heatfist

As it is right now first player to tag a monster is locked and recieves the loot dropped by the monster. Players are being greedy with this and tagging multiple monsters so others have to wait or move to another spot (there aren't really that many spots to choose from for some monsters). 
My idea to adjust this would be to unlock the lock if the original player that tagged the monster stops initiating with the tagged monster for around 10-30 seconds. This would prevent monsters from being hogged. 

A good example of this is currently at the Santa Planetoid, where players tag every Rudolf so others are locked out of loot.

I support this mostly for questing tag. Quest tags should be shared regardless of the number of people in most cases. Particularly the repeatable kill quests, as some of the target monsters don't have many spawn locations.

As for loot? mmm, 30 since the last combat state should be fine. 10 seems a bit short once you factor in things like, kiting, sleep/CC and or needing to focus on healing for a bit.

AFAIK, regular mobs do release the item after awhile after being hit by someone else.

This quest, however, seems to be locking the first hit indefinitely. Whether a bug or intentional, it prevents a lot of people from legitimately completing a quest and makes the entire thing last quite a longer time than intended. 

One popular mmo game implemented system where a player cant tag beyond x amount of monsters.

If there are like 10 monsters in a map and the max u can lure is 4, then you'll have to kill at least one before being able to tag another monster, thus giving room for other people to tag theirs.

Edited by jattyy
  • Like 1

Here is another good one for the tag improvement. If you get out of range of the mob for x amount of seconds then the tag gets removed.

And here is another idea: The first 5 players can tag simultaneously. Drops can be looted by each of these 5 players. So if there is a drop of Bird Feather, then each of the 5 players can loot this bird feather. If an item is looted by at least 1 player, the drop disappears after 60 seconds (for example). If the item is not looted at all it disappears after 180 seconds (for example).

• 2 weeks later...

It's just frustrating that even if the first hit was a "missed" they still get the loot. 

My suggestions are:

1. First one to deal the most significant damage during 3 seconds upon respawn of bosses or 2 second upon respawn of normal mobs gets the tag. 

2. 5-10 seconds of no follow up damage from the one who tagged will be released and can get tagged by new player.

If a tag gets removed from a mob his health needs also to be regenerated to full health if it's not attacked by another player at that moment. This is important to prevent kill stealing.

Edited by Zeror

I think it should be a combination of 1st hit and damage.

You don't want just 1st hit to count otherwise someone can just get 1st hit and then afk.

You don't want it to be purely based off damage either because then whoever has the best gear will pretty much do the most damage and always get the drop.

So I think it should be weighed to consider 1st hit (50%) and damage (50%).

Just make a personal loot system, problem solved. Lol
Anything that drops on the ground is yours, no one else can see/loot it.

Obviously, some drop rates would need to be adjusted, but why not.

Edited by OwlchemistVile
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FieryHamster said:

I think it should be a combination of 1st hit and damage.

You don't want just 1st hit to count otherwise someone can just get 1st hit and then afk.

You don't want it to be purely based off damage either because then whoever has the best gear will pretty much do the most damage and always get the drop.

So I think it should be weighed to consider 1st hit (50%) and damage (50%).

It would have to be 51-49, unless the damage dealer also got first hit

But the change proposed by Owl seems good, altho far down the line.

Edited by LordAlbion
  • Like 2