Cleric buff changes

averybee1022

Cleric buff removal change   

411 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the cleric buff removal?

• I like the cleric buff changes
    • I dislike the cleric buff changes
    • Unsure/ I am unaware of the changes

So if you are unaware, cleric used to give the full 16 buffs, they have removed 12 of them. Now to get full buffs, you need to be parties with each of the 4 classes as each class has 4 buffs, for the full 16. They were spread out to all classes before, the only difference now is you’re unable to buff with cleric and you’re forced to go with all classes. So, I’m curious what people think about these changes. I have made this poll anonymous so people can express their opinion with no fear of judgment or feeling of being unsupportive. Thanks see ya in game! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Of course people are going to dislike it, because buff slaves are convenient and easy.

However, it's a product of horrible game design. No game developer in 2022 would ever look at this and think 'we should keep that'. 

It's not fun, it's not healthy, it's not good for the game. People are also just spoiled by being overbuffed at all times, but if that's gone, obviously the game can be balanced around less strong buffs. Which makes it balanced again. You don't need those buffs.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

I totally disagree about the new system for cleric. That's the cleric's main JOB! To support the team!  That's why we have a designated jobs. If you want a damage then go for Mage.

Cleric's main purpose is to support the team, Give buffs and heal. I don't care how many buffs we have. But a cleric's job is to support a team not to deal extra damage.

Fulfilling your job to support your team with your buffs is heal is the greatest achievement of a Cleric player or a support player, Especially in PVP/PVE

That's why I hope we can return it to the normal class and just make some balancing with the new skills. Instead of removing completely all the buffs. 

Just my honest opinion.

PS: I am not mad 😆 I am just sharing my opinion. Peace!!

Edited by Askeladd
  • Like 19

I think it's a good change on the short term where all players are all approximately the same level. Parties can be found relatively easy and the "mass" of people will stay around the same level ranges for the first 1,5 - 2 weeks. I am just very concerned for the period after a month or 3. Where high level areas will become unplayable if you don't have certain classes and can't find them or can't play em yourself. Besides that the low level areas will be far less populated which will make it unplayable for new players or leveling additional accounts. If this game was "new" and it had a great influx of players through advertisement I think these changes would be good for the game. With all "nostalgia" players whom are used to the game as is, and without the "health" to field 4000-5000 players on a server at any team I think these changes are absolutely doomed in the long run.

One solution would be to at least broaden the multi client opportunities; you can still party with multiple people, while securing a stable way to level on your own.

Edited by Freshstart
  • Thanks 1

If higher level areas are unplayable without having full buffs then those areas need to be nerfed. The answer is to make the game playable without buffs, and leave buffs as giving a nice but not 100% required bonus. The game should have never been balanced around having full buffs 24/7. If you balance the game around necessary full buffs you completely screw any solo, single-client players.

I think it's really weird not having full buffs on my Cleric but so far from playing a solo Cleric I like the changes. It allows me to use my SP in other places I normally wouldn't without feeling like a failed buff Cleric. I can still support a party with heals and extra damage output instead of just standing in one spot healing every now and then and eventually rebuffing. Cleric feels way more active than it ever has and my gameplay loop isn't mind numbingly slow.

Edited by Sneaux
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lulullaby said:

Of course people are going to dislike it, because buff slaves are convenient and easy.

However, it's a product of horrible game design. No game developer in 2022 would ever look at this and think 'we should keep that'. 

It's not fun, it's not healthy, it's not good for the game. People are also just spoiled by being overbuffed at all times, but if that's gone, obviously the game can be balanced around less strong buffs. Which makes it balanced again. You don't need those buffs.

Well said. No matter how badly people want the cleric slave to be back it's not gonna happen. Rednim said from the very start that they will rework cleric to be an active class not just a dead ass buffer. While in Early Access they will rework other classes skills as well not just on clerics who are having changes.

This change is good. It is for the better. FYI the plan is to be a single client just like before but a lot of people are crying about not being able to multi-client so they made it 2 client max per pc.

People having a hard time accepting these changes because it's not the way they use to play. But this is not the Rose you use to play with. No one is forcing you to play if you don't like these changes. Take it or leave it. Just play Pservers they have buff slaves. Adapt and carry on and enjoy the game. 

• Thanks 4

Another option could be to move the buffs around a little more to have less on the other classes and more on clerics. like say 2 or 3 on each other class instead of being equal between all to bring back the buff support still but offloading the select few that made buff slaves an issue.

I mean i don't dislike the idea of having everyone buff in the party, but for solo players it can be a pain, like cleric and combat class (soldier or hawker) in a party while dualiong wont be able to get the full buff potential, which is an aspect i loved about rose.

Ye ye it's an mmo, we must play in parties cuz of cooperation blah blah blah, i know you are going to say that bs. BUT im just a casual player, finding parties may take a while and i might not play as much, so it's not really a good idea to make cleric mostly a healer only imo. It's just boring.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gnoski said:

Well said. No matter how badly people want the cleric slave to be back it's not gonna happen. Rednim said from the very start that they will rework cleric to be an active class not just a dead ass buffer. While in Early Access they will rework other classes skills as well not just on clerics who are having changes.

This change is good. It is for the better. FYI the plan is to be a single client just like before but a lot of people are crying about not being able to multi-client so they made it 2 client max per pc.

People having a hard time accepting these changes because it's not the way they use to play. But this is not the Rose you use to play with. No one is forcing you to play if you don't like these changes. Take it or leave it. Just play Pservers they have buff slaves. Adapt and carry on and enjoy the game. 

not true they say in countless live that if the majority don't like it they would go back, they can leave cleric as it was and still make the game less depended on clerics like make party quest games,add low level instances and dgs/content make quest board where u get quest for certain areas where u can spam with pt or solo ofc the quest need to give u a really good amount of exp to make the experience fun and not annoying and boring but they can pull it off. also this change hurts dg,wars and pvp buffs made evo combat faster more action pack,if ur an evo fan u know this is what made evo popular and unique the fast paced combat which is why we have fast skill casting buffs dont scale anymore which means this is the fastest we would attack and move making the game super slow and dooming classes like scout,raider and gunners which depend on speed combat would be so slow and brain dead now it wont feel nothing like evo and more like irose and again we don't like irose which is why we don't play those private servers were evo fans. 

• Like 1

i dont like the changes clerics are having a harder time now to find party`s then before and it will only become harder when less people will be on the erea. 

Why did it become harder?
- there are still pots so heal is not really needed
- cleric has the buffs that you dont really need (the most other buffs are better)
- a healing cleric is still a leacher in party only he does less then before

the moment they disable dual client what the plan was at the beginning you will force to party and they afk clerics will be gone aswell but everyone wants to dual client but most people are now picking 2 fighter classes as then they have better buffs

buffs are 15 min bring buffs back to 3min clerics will be more active with buffing aswell

the funny part is there has been a poll like this as well before opening and most did say the changes where right and in the discusions most sayed if you vote against it you dont give it a change. Now a new vote is here now more people are voting to change it back and people are saying yes ofcourse people vote like this because they want there buffslave. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Askeladd said:

I totally disagree about the new system for cleric. That's the cleric's main JOB! To support the team!  That's why we have a designated jobs. If you want a damage then go for Mage.

Cleric's main purpose is to support the team, Give buffs and heal. I don't care how many buffs we have. But a cleric's job is to support a team not to deal extra damage.

Fulfilling your job to support your team with your buffs is heal is the greatest achievement of a Cleric player or a support player, Especially in PVP/PVE

That's why I hope we can return it to the normal class and just make some balancing with the new skills. Instead of removing completely all the buffs. 

Just my honest opinion.

PS: I am not mad 😆 I am just sharing my opinion. Peace!!

But then you should be happy, current Cleric can either go Battle Cleric or Healing. You say you don't care about buffs, well this Cleric is perfect for you then. It heals but not many buffs. The Cleric this game has is exactly what you want.

I've always played support cleric main, I have no experience of multi boxing and afk buffing. For me cleric has always been about throwing out lots of buffs, bonfires then throwing out lots of heals. I've always been active in my role. To me these changes have simply removed a load of important utility from my character and in return I haven't been given anything new. I do less than I used too in a group and as a result I definitely don't feel as valuable. Thankfully for high end content people will still need heal bots just like they did before.

I hope this doesn't affect new players more in the coming weeks when the initial rush has ended and people struggle to group level as much.

I think I would rather have had the buffs removed and the classes buffed than have the buffs redispersed. The support muse I'm playing right now hasn't been given anything that I can see to make up for the loss of my buffs (I've reached level 50 thus far).

All said this isn't game breaking for me, I'm very thankful for the Rednim team! They've done an amazing job of bringing this old game back so I can play it again with my brother (even though we're both not youngsters anymore). They have my full support regardless on this front. I just wish the cleric had been redesigned more rather than having so much of it's kit gutted.

/See you all in game! (I'll be the one healing you).

• Like 5

Need to think about long term as of right now spreading the buffs is fine and all but once everyone hits 250 not everyone will be leveling new alts then how can the people who wants to make alts level them? They only have few buffs. 

• Like 1

im level 77 with my muse
and i feel so usless and weak in general all classes feel WEAK cuz buff power is so low tier
cuz no class will ut points in charm and it feels kinda broken and super useless to buff just for 2-3% boost
when before that you really FELT stronger faster.
and heals are so WEAK  i need so spam breaking my keybaord buttons so fast to keep up healing ITS UNBLANCED AT ALL
why on level 78 i can heal only 300-400 insant heal when players in that level have 6-7K HP where is the BALANCE ???
and i did put all stat points in charm for healing power... i surly supposed to heal at least 1200-1500 insta heal!
and 780-850 heal per second "heal over time"
idk need to find the balamce cuz right now? its SO WEAK
i rather do more then be a healer bot spamming same heals
give me my old cleric back please
all know me and my honest op

Edited by Majestic
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

One of the main issues is dual/multi clienting. Everyone just wants to have their afk cleric as a secondary to buff up their primary character. They need to remove dual clienting asap. 

It’s easier, and “safer”, for the old crowd to just have their secondary cleric sitting back buffing and botting. 

This dual clienting crap promotes auto clickers, macros, and bots. I couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve joined a party or have been asked to join my party by someone who is playing 2 accounts at once. They either mostly afk on one character or sit still and macro/autoclicker on it and use their primary character to actually play.

Limit it to 1 client per pc or something so everyone can focus on their role in the party. 

Once you can only play on one client, you will realize that playing cleric has to mean more than just stand still, spam heals, and buff 16x every 15 minutes. 

You need to focus, move, attack, heal, click on your 4 class buffs, etc, etc. I don’t know if the game has it, but it could benefit from having boss mechanics to force players to move more too. 

• Like 2

These cleric changes are absolutely useless imo, as a player that likes to go solo or even hardly find any parties or any available decent spots if i am the one creating a party to start leveling i am completely useless, i open the game everyday trying to find a party but i can't and guess what? i can't even level solo because mobs would destroy both of my characters because i lack buffs, so i suggest to either remove the buff system entierly and scale the players with the mobs for regular leveling or just revert back to the old cleric and let people enjoy leveling in parties or solo play, at this rate, people will really struggle to make an alt after 2-3 months into the game because of the lack of buffs and power to lvl up and most of the people will give up on the game, please do something.

• Like 6