HoneyBuns

I've already sent Lazy some stuff on this but now that we have an actual forum, it seems like a good idea to mention it here too.  Many games have player achievements and they add a fun dimension to game-play.   I know Leo and Genesis were interested in adding an achievement system to NA but sadly that never did happen. 

It's kind of difficult to be specific since we really don't know what changes are being made to the game yet but the achievement system I am talking about would have some for doing normal things like reaching a certain level and getting your first job, joining a clan, learning to drive.  Then there could be achievements for killing certain monsters, participating in events, getting a unique weapon etc.  There would be pvp achievements.  There could also be secret achievements that you unlock when you complete an action or get some item.   The possibilities are pretty endless and new achievements could be added as the game expands to more planets.

I'm sure setting up a system like this is not easy and is probably not a priority right now but I think it's worth considering for the future

• Like 10

I'm 100% behind this. It adds another aspect to the game that can increase player investment into the ROSE world. It's not a 'one and done' system either. As new Maps, worlds, dungeons, pets, monsters, classes, etc are added, achievements can also be introduced and just adds that extra thing to do if you want. You could have some cosmetic unlocks from difficult achievements, or you could keep is point based. 

I like to collect them all, so for me, this system would add another level of enjoyment.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MagicianTrent said:

I like the idea of achievements. You could get some idea of what you have accomplished and might make it easier to track which quests you completed

Exactly! Not everyone likes achievements and that's fine.  No one would be forced tho many of them you would get anyway just by playing and progressing thru the game.  But a lot of people (like me) do enjoy having mini-goals to work on as they play, and achievements would fit that perfectly imo.

• Like 1

since everyone here is so positive on the idea. ima just go ahead and be negative. i hate it. i cant stand it, so help me if this is a thing i will go insaine.

nah it's a great idea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What if not only you can see those achievements for yourself, but say if you get so many achievements, or did  a certain group of achievements that you would get a certain account bound item?  I am still not too keen on a character bound item, but if you want to show off with this item at least it can't be sold or traded.

It could even be something like certain costumes that are of course, only for looks.    Even a mount too could be something to consider too.

1 minute ago, Trebor said:

What if not only you can see those achievements for yourself, but say if you get so many achievements, or did  a certain group of achievements that you would get a certain account bound item?  I am still not too keen on a character bound item, but if you want to show off with this item at least it can't be sold or traded.

It could even be something like certain costumes that are of course, only for looks.    Even a mount too could be something to consider too.

We used to have a player title system and those titles were directly connected to your achievements. That was one way to kind of show off your achievements and we all know how people love to do that lol.

It might also be possible to have a section of the website for leaderboard type things like most achievements; most kills for pvp, etc.  It would have to be kept updated but probably once a week would be enough and that would also give new players an indication of how active the game is.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HoneyBuns said:

We used to have a player title system and those titles were directly connected to your achievements. That was one way to kind of show off your achievements and we all know how people love to do that lol.

It might also be possible to have a section of the website for leaderboard type things like most achievements; most kills for pvp, etc.  It would have to be kept updated but probably once a week would be enough and that would also give new players an indication of how active the game is.  

That sounds like a great idea too.   

• Like 1

I love achievements. I am one of those gamers that will go for the hardest of the hardest and grind and grind until I achieve everything there is to achieve! Very similar to Buffies actually, even the crazy and bizarre ones bring a new dimension to gameplay too! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HShires said:

I love achievements. I am one of those gamers that will go for the hardest of the hardest and grind and grind until I achieve everything there is to achieve! Very similar to Buffies actually, even the crazy and bizarre ones bring a new dimension to gameplay too! 

I think there are a lot of us who feel the same way.  It's kind of like Pokemon- gotta get them all lol.  The nice thing about an achievement system like this is that some you would get as you play and progress thru the game normally and if you are not a fan of achievements, you don't have to pursue them further than that.  But for those who enjoy the challenge, achievements can give you a variety of mini- goals to work on in the game.  It makes the game more fun imo

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/23/2022 at 1:05 PM, HoneyBuns said:

I love the idea of the Leaderboard (Game Arenas, Dungeons and regular assignments in the planets of ROSE) and bring also rewards of those top players in the leaderboard; also the Achievements system. This make the game more active and make the game endless. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Achievements are amazing for so many reasons, one thing though: people generally hate missable achievements. You don't want to get to the point where you start farming achievement and realise there was some quest/thing/whatever you had to be level 20 for and can't get anymore. It's literally a killer for a lot of players.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wondertje said:

Achievements are amazing for so many reasons, one thing though: people generally hate missable achievements. You don't want to get to the point where you start farming achievement and realise there was some quest/thing/whatever you had to be level 20 for and can't get anymore. It's literally a killer for a lot of players.

I was think just the same after i posted!! The thing i always really dislike is ‘special event achievements’ .. usually those events don’t return and something new will be put in place which makes it impossible to get the ‘old’ achievement.. Mamy games have this nowadays but i’m 100% sure there is a good work-around! 🙂 

• Like 1

Yeah, re-occuring events with same achievements is what most games do. Runescape has a summer beach, winter wonderland, etc, event every year, and there are achievements which gives titles and progress even moves over from the years prior (some titles are like kill this boss 1000 times), etc.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Luckily

On 7/9/2022 at 5:39 PM, Loerslang said:

I was think just the same after i posted!! The thing i always really dislike is ‘special event achievements’ .. usually those events don’t return and something new will be put in place which makes it impossible to get the ‘old’ achievement.. Mamy games have this nowadays but i’m 100% sure there is a good work-around! 🙂 

On 7/9/2022 at 7:44 PM, Wondertje said:

Yeah, re-occuring events with same achievements is what most games do. Runescape has a summer beach, winter wonderland, etc, event every year, and there are achievements which gives titles and progress even moves over from the years prior (some titles are like kill this boss 1000 times), etc.

Luckily at NA, annual events repeat every year so unless something is drastically changed,  even if you missed an event/achievement this year, you could get it next year.  

• Like 2